NumberZ Day Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by NumberZ, Oct 11, 2021.

1. NumberZ

NumberZ

SIM trade. I am experimenting. Still new to this. Thank you very much for reading my journal and your advice.

#111     Oct 22, 2021
  2. maxinger

maxinger

your entry is rather late.
    you could have entered about 2 hours earlier.

#112     Oct 22, 2021
    NumberZ likes this.
  3. NumberZ

NumberZ

You are right. I was working until 1PM eastern so I would have had to be two places at once. But yes it had a big bull breakout bar at yesterday's low price. A very good place to go long.

#113     Oct 22, 2021
  4. yc47ib

yc47ib

The way I look at this is that he is almost 70 years of age, no one know how long the seminar will be there. I am spending each month listening to him as if it is the last month being able to listen to a great mind of a practitioner.

#114     Oct 23, 2021
    NumberZ likes this.
  5. NumberZ

NumberZ

Someone posted this link on twitter. Very old. Interesting though. He started as a pit trader with $7800 that was committed to three months lease for his "seat"? And then $3000 in his trading account! One in a million this guy.

#115     Oct 24, 2021
  6. NumberZ

NumberZ

Brooks Trading Course is for ES, and Eurocurrency, and Treasurys (Brooks says that is what he trades). Also forex and stocks. I'm not interested in forex. I like to swing trade stocks for days and longer. Not day trade. I'm interested in Treasurys.

This week I am watching and SIM trade the Treasurys.

Also, using the "scalp" approach. In ES, 5 points was good scalp target. Most entries would make 5 points profit before reversing. Over the weekend, looking at past bonds charts 5 ticks seems to be good scalp target right now. So I'm taking 5 tick profits.

Discovered this function of Ninjatrader this week end. I will post this daily here the days I SIM trade. It is performance of trades.

2 trades, 3 contracts each trade, 5 tick scalps. bonds.

10-25-2021 Trade Performance.JPG

Is there a way to show only the current day trades on the chart in Ninjatrader does anyone know? I "reset" my SIM account each day because I do not like seeing all past trades on the chart. But when I reset, I lose cumulative trade performance. Would like to show just current day trades on charts without having to reset account and lose all past performance. Thank you for reading my journal.

#116     Oct 25, 2021
  7. NumberZ

NumberZ

Many long scalps available today. I had to go to doctor after my second trade so not here for them.

#117     Oct 25, 2021
  8. Might consider checking out crude oil, too.

I don't think that functionality is available, but you can turn on/off executions for each single chart you have. So, the easiest solution is probably to have one chart you use for trade executions only and your 'main charts' have the plot trades = off.

Alternatively, you can also select "Trades" @ Display on Trade Performance. This gives you a list of your trades for the selected time period. Right click one of the trades and click chart. This gives you a chart with executions for the selected time period.

Hopefully that helps.

#118     Oct 25, 2021
    NumberZ likes this.
  9. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Just FYI...

There are new micro futures products on YIELD.

2YY
    5YY
    10Y
    30Y

10Y has the largest volume of these YIELD micro products.

I've been following these, investigating the personality.

Check with your broker for margins and the correct symbols for your datafeed.

#119     Oct 25, 2021
    NumberZ likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Yeah, it's in the upper right corner of the screen, where you set the start and end date for the journal you are trying to generate.

Trust me on this, you are correct, you never want to hit the reset button and lose the past performance.

And as an aside, be sure to run weekly backups of your historical trade information.

#120     Oct 25, 2021