numbers horrible--lost 80k jobs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Warrior4g, Apr 4, 2008.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

it went from +160k 3 or 4 motnhs ago to -80k and sinking ..so while it may or may not be a HORRIBLE number it is certainly trending towards that....now again that does not for one second mean that the mkts cant continue going higher...peace

#11     Apr 4, 2008
  2. Mvic

Mvic

-80K despite the fact that they added 142K via Birth/Death. Is the real number -222K?

#12     Apr 4, 2008
  3. All this means to market is more cuts to come. weeee.. No risk, buy buy buy. Come on dipsterssss.. freeee moneyyyy..

Kidding. But not really.

#13     Apr 4, 2008
  4. 100% up room to go!!!... buy buy buy...

'puts on his Larry Kudlow Fan Club T-shirt on'...GOLDILOCKS!!

#14     Apr 4, 2008
  5. I was reading Bloomberg; and there is a analyst(company) had put a forecast of gaining 65k job. I wondering where did they get this number from; It was mindbogglingly.

#15     Apr 5, 2008

6. You wont find much doom and gloom this time of the year.

We all know economy has slowed down.. so what? Is this the end of the world? Can America survive these minor wrinkles?
    These jobs cuts are still not at recessionary levels. Employment rates used to be 7.9% back in 2003 they bottomed out 4.7% in 2007 and now moving higher. We have yet to produce a single negative quarter of GDP since 2002!

Are we still dwelling on your " imaginary recession"? When are you going to turn the corner?

#16     Apr 5, 2008

7. Real estate in never sinking in the long term.

A house is an investment ,provides a roof over your head and comforts of living which you have not experienced living in 1- bedroom cages. Average prices of a home doubles every 10 years in the US. Average net worth of a homeowner is $184,500 compared to renter $4950.

Real estate is a wealth building tool but average stupid morons are treating it as if it is a millstone around the neck!

#17     Apr 5, 2008
  8. i just made the post justto give everyone a heads up who did'nt remember the number was supposed to come out. however,i will chime in a bit on this discussion since i started the post. 5.1% might be historically low but you have to focus more on the jump. the jump from 4.7 to 5.1% is big for one month in my opinion.lets put it into context here. an older friend of mine went for some blood work and his psa level was 2.9. his doctor said everything was fine because it was comfortably below 4.0. he insisted on a biopsy and after literally begging,the doctor gave the ok. low and behold,he had prostate cancer. his NEW doctor said its foolish to just look at the number but more important to see the jump from 2.1 to 2.9. that does'nt always mean cancer but it dure as hell should be a red flag.

#18     Apr 5, 2008

9. Fed rate cuts are already taking effects. Checking and savings accounts are paying 2-3 % and people cannot park that horded cash that they have not invested in real estate and stocks any longer. Its pouring into the equities markets and fueling a rally. There is lots cash on the sidelines and with time it will snowball. Fed have a long way to go, they ain't done cutting yet!

#19     Apr 5, 2008

10. Has it ever occurred to you that all these actions by Feds, Treasury and Congress are taking control of the situation and working?

Or you just upset you had lined up all your shorts, bad news came and the market went against you ?

HINT: Should have done some Technical Analysis....how much did you lose?

#20     Apr 5, 2008