Numbering posts?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Pekelo, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Could we have a littler number for each post (top right corner would do it) just like any other message board has, for easy referencing?

Like: "You were an asshole in post #47..." or "this thread went down the tube after post #21..."

It would be specially useful for longer threads....

2. Joe

Joe

Its in the url, your post was post1410005.

Joe

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Oh, OK, but what I meant was numbering them in each thread, separatelly. Thus the original poster always gets #1 and so on...

If there are 10 posts already in a thread and you want to refer to #5, with your method you can not find the number, because other threads were numbered too....

4. Joe

Joe

I understand what you are saying, but that is what the quote button is for. Like shown above. This way you don't have to search for post 47 its right above your response. Also as I have done above, you can edit it down if you only want to talk about one line in the whole post.

5. Sometimes it's nice to link to a certain post and with this board it's a hassle to figure it out. The Quote link doesn't do it, unless you play around with it.

Some boards, like phpBB, have a small icon on each post that you can click on to get the exact URL of that post. You then can post the URL elsewhere.

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Also instead of reposting a lengthy explanation, we could just say: read post #34

If all those promised new things coming to ET in 2007, can't we have this feature? (pretty much all message boards have it)

7. mxjones

mxjones

How about a random 6-digit alpha-numeric tag on each post. For instance, this is post 7tH6rw. It appears in the lower left corner.

:D

7tH6rw