Number of trades per day

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by IronFist, Feb 27, 2006.

1. So if you're making hundreds of trades per day, are you making just a tiny bit per trade?

Do that many opportunities arise each day? What signals are you looking for?

#11     Feb 28, 2006
  2. Is this rebate trading, or scalping various stocks?

I could understand taking a few hundred scalping stocks all day, but thousands? May I ask what platform you are using to trade?

#12     Feb 28, 2006
  3. As long as there is ANY movement in any trading vehicle there is opprotunity, and for scalping several hundreds or thousands a day, I'm sure it's more reliant on fast reflexes and following the trend, not really time to wait for indicators to line up in scalping I don't believe.

But hopefully someone can explain with real experience.

#13     Feb 28, 2006
  4. mishwar

mishwar

Can someone tell me more clearly what are the types of taxes or commissions a scalper pays ?
    Someone said you dont have to pay commissions or taxes for all trades,what does that mean in numbers ?

Thanks in advance

mishwar

#14     Feb 28, 2006
  5. mnx

mnx

prosperpro, it's swifttrade's propreitary software platform...

mnx

#15     Feb 28, 2006
  6. And how many $$$$ did YOU make?
    Because after all that's the only thing that matters.

When i read about people that trade hundreds or thousands of trades a day, it always reminds me to guys drinking barrels of beer because they think these kind of actions impress women.

I prefer maximum profit with minimum trades, instead of maximum trades with minimum profits.

#16     Feb 28, 2006
  7. well dont worry bout that spike cause mnx makes more money than god each month trading maniacaly like he does......it makes me cry when i think he makes more in a month than i do in a year.........

#17     Feb 28, 2006
  8. mnx

mnx

well said. I like paying in little as fees as possible and trading as little as possible, but that's not always possible...

mnx

#18     Feb 28, 2006
  9. Yes, but can you do so while levitating?

#19     Feb 28, 2006
  10. This answer is no answer at all. If you are a lousy trader it's clear that he will make much more than you. Maybe you make 12$ a year; so he will beat you a 100 times by making 100$ a month.

#20     Feb 28, 2006