Number of shares in highest liquidity stocks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by baller1069, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Hi Guys - I used to exclusively trade the highly liquid stocks like MSFT, GE, etc.

Today, with the changes that the market has underwent over the last few years, what kind of share sizes can still be traded? Is it easy to still get 10,000 shares if one sends a market order and not get more than 1 penny slippage?

Thx

2. It is best to chose a proper Universe for trading stocks. Quality is the measure so use EPS and RS and a proper daily volume range. Adjust both to have a 100 or so. from there you use market timing by use of an Excel spread sheet. You are not even in the ball park as yet.

For trading a given stream, I never exceed 100K shares per stream. 12 streams are sufficient when retail trading. Us a typical stock value of 30 dollars for planning and strategizing.

as for slippage, a trader has to use the block size of the T&S and do partial fills. When trading 100K shares it takes about 20 partial fills to enter and about 30 to exit. Never exceed 10% of the cumulative volume either. Under these circumstances, you will not have slippage nor affect the market.

The "secret" to never having slippage is to watch the DOM and never place an order when your side of the DOM is thinner than your partial fill order (first and second derivatives taken into account).

3. jack hershey is still around...wow...now there's someone i could never wrap my head around...antithesis to KISS...jack please no more posts in this thread