Number of Middle-Class New Yorkers Facing Eviction Skyrockets

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, May 5, 2009.

1. Corelio

Corelio

I could not agree more.
    Spot on...

#21     May 5, 2009
  2. Mnphats

Mnphats

Take Medicare for example. Government sets the prices that it will pay not what the hospital charges. Some of the procedures are done at losses to some are done at marginal profits. Bottom line is hospitals are not getting rich on medicare. The bills are paid by insurance companies when procedures are billed for considerably higher profit margins then medicare.

#22     May 5, 2009
  3. i think many community hospitals would gladly exchange medicare payments for their 20% chargeoffs due to noninsureds who cant pay.

#23     May 5, 2009
  4. It works because they have convinced New Yorkers that it is the best place in the world.

Meanwhile many live in old tenaments with shody floors, 30 y.o. old appliances all for $3500-$6500 per year.

What a deal.

#24     May 5, 2009
  5. Mnphats

Mnphats

Obviously.

#25     May 5, 2009
  6. "Granted, there's not much to do".

That's the reason why no one wants to live there. You have only one life to live. Which is better-

A) Live in cornfields hoarding your money and never experiencing life, but die extremely wealthy

B) Live in the big city, spending 95% of your income while experiencing shows, museums, sports, foods of the world, women, and die with a modest sum?

P.S.- Thunderdog, keep your political bullshit in the P&R section. This thread has nothing to do with Obama or Bush so go jerkoff somewhere else.

#26     May 5, 2009
  7. c. live outsde the crappy big city and drive in if you want to. live a stressfree lifestyle and spend the difference exploring the world of your choice.

#27     May 5, 2009
  8. Then why did you not say that to the guy who wrote this post, which I was responding to:
    Since his politically charged post preceded mine but you chose to insult me for merely responding to it, does that make you a blatant hypocrite who's full of shit? I would say yes. Yes, it does.

#28     May 5, 2009
  9. Financially responsible people (minority) will be stripped off their assets when 51% of the vote determine what is right or wrong, what is needed to be done or not.

Think of it this way - being the only (few) persons who are "normal" among many mental patients locked in a hospital ...

Who is more lucky?

You get the picture. :(

#29     May 5, 2009
  10. WTF are you talking about?

#30     May 5, 2009