Number of Middle-Class New Yorkers Facing Eviction Skyrockets

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, May 5, 2009.

1. DON'T LAUGH! My girlfriend's family lives in Peoria, IL & live well. Houses are only about $80-$110k & there are cornfields for miles.

Granted, there are some hicks but people are generally really nice. When I think of the huge positive cash flow scenario by living somewhere like that & just trading from home, it's remarkable. Granted, there's not much to do.

Manhattan's outrageously expensive...you couldn't pay me to live in NYC.

Chicago's still fairly affordable, methinks.
    :D

#11     May 5, 2009
  2. "Professional" what? Lunatic? You're looking at the Bush "Who needs financial regulation?" dividend.

#12     May 5, 2009
  3. our local hospital just announced a hiring freeze and a nurse layoff. they said they are just as busy as always but nonpayment has skyrocked putting their cashflow in trouble.

#13     May 5, 2009
  4. Gary Bielfeldt who was profiled in Market Wizard's has lived in Peoria his entire career for largly the reasons you mention. Nice town-and not TOO hickish. Besides where better to live if you're a grain speculator? Instead of relying on anecdotal crop reports you can just look out your window.

#14     May 5, 2009
  5. Don't you guys read the news. Wesbury says the recession is over. Cramer says to buy stocks. Bernanke says we have bottomed and growth will return soon. Its all good.:D

#15     May 5, 2009
  6. Mnphats

Mnphats

Same here no layoffs yet but probably coming down the pike. Asking doctors to take a 10% haircut and messing with travel expenses. Health care evidently is not recession proof. Hospitals are looking to crimp and save. I wonder if it also has something to do with Obama and his socialized medicine.

#16     May 5, 2009
  7. Really? It coudn't have anything to do with the existing system already in place?

#17     May 5, 2009
  8. OH NO!!!!

Another big scary POST.

Look out below!

Market is now heading up for the day 9 weeks counting.

Enjoy being short the U.S.?

#18     May 5, 2009
  9. Mnphats

Mnphats

Absolutely, but to think hospitals are not bracing for major changes in medicine is considerable shortsighted.

#19     May 5, 2009
  10. How, specifically, will the "threat" of universal coverage hurt hospitals?

#20     May 5, 2009