Nuking the Economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dddooo, Feb 12, 2006.

1. MRWSM

MRWSM

The US needs to tax the hell out of imports and companies sending jobs away. What other choice is there. We might not be able to buy all those cheap items made with .10 cent an hour workers but there will be more money around here to buy them at regular prices. I guess we need to be backed into a corner a little more before they do something about it. Myself when I was an employer a few years back, I would never hire anyone driving a damn foriegn car. Sorry, let them eat it.

#11     Feb 15, 2006
  2. This economics house of cards will collapse. Do not kid yourselves. Every aspect of nature is cyclical and multis are now cannibalizing their most faithful consumer base the US middle class. Do not expect any meaningful change until there is severe pain economically in the US. This is already beginning and may take some more time to unfold. When it does - do not expect a peaceful pretty picture. Russians are a lot more peaceful and patient people who are actually used to be kicked around. We in the US on the other hand are brainwashed that we are the best and richest nation despite the fact that we are paupers. We could not run our rat infested government without a 2 billion dollar LOAN per DAY!
    When shit will hit the fan expect a lot of angry people pointing all sorts of fingers to all around them....guns and ammo
    USA Fuck yeah!!! I will take a very long European vacation for these times.....
    Oh yeah and I am buying gold at every dip....

#12     Feb 16, 2006
  3. ron2368

ron2368

I know many middle class workers that are making less money then in 1998-99 era. These are pure blue collar jobs. In some cases wages or commissions have been cut, along with increased benefit burden, namely health care. Local taxes have been going up 10% a year, so overall its a squeeze that shows no signs of improving. Only " safe " jobs now are govt like teaching.

#13     Feb 16, 2006