'Nuclear Weapons Against Our Religion'

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by BernardRichards, Sep 12, 2009.

1. New Iranian Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi denied on Saturday that the Islamic Republic was striving to acquire nuclear weapons, and said that construction of such weapons was against the principals of Islam, the AFP news agency reported.
    "We regard production of weapons of mass destruction as contrary to our religious, human and national principles," the Fars news agency quoted Vahidi as saying. "Manufacturing nuclear weapons is not, and has never been, on our agenda."

Deception Justified To Murder The Enemies of Islam

Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes." Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab)." The Prophet said, "You may say it."

Abdullah Al-Araby a Middle-Eastern born authority on Islam, in an article entitled Lying in Islam, details another story of Muhammad’s permissiveness toward lying to achieve the death of his enemies. This time the victim’s name was Shaaban Ibn Khalid al-Hazly:

It was rumored that Shaaban was gathering an army to wage war on Mohammed. Mohammed retaliated by ordering Abdullah Ibn Anis to kill Shaaban. The would-be killer asked the prophet's permission to lie. Mohammed agreed and then ordered the killer to lie by stating that he was a member of the Khazaa clan. When Shaaban saw Abdullah coming, he asked him, "From what tribe are you?" Abdullah answered, "From Khazaa." He then added, "I have heard that you are gathering an army to fight Mohammed and I came to join you." Abdullah started walking with Shaaban telling him how Mohammed came to them with the heretical teachings of Islam, and complained how Mohammed badmouthed the Arab patriarchs and ruined the Arab's hopes. They continued in conversation until they arrived at Shaaban's tent. Shaaban's companions departed and Shaaban invited Abdullah to come inside and rest. Abdullah sat there until the atmosphere was quiet and he sensed that everyone was asleep. Abdullah severed Shaaban's head and carried it to Mohammed as a trophy. When Mohammed sighted Abdullah, he jubilantly shouted, "Your face has been triumphant (Aflaha al- wajho)." Abdullah returned the greeting by saying, "It is your face, Apostle of Allah, who has been triumphant. (Aflaha wajhoka, ye rasoul Allah)."

So we see that, again, lying is permissible for any number of reasons. As long as the end goal is to further the cause of Muhammad or Islam, it is permissible and overrides the initial prohibition against lying. In this case it was permissible in order to achieve the end goal of an assassination of someone whom Muhammad wanted dead. Unfortunately, because Islam holds up Muhammad as the supreme example of behavior for all Muslims, this same attitude is carried on by many of Muhammad’s followers today.

Deception Justified to Attain Goals and Prosperity Under Islam

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/JR/Future/ch16_understanding_dishonesty.htm

2. Ricter

Ricter

Of course, if he had said that Iran is building a nuclear weapon, you would not believe him, right?

3. Just curious: how can our nation (USA), with a current arsenal of 22,000 nuclear warheads AND a history of using these weapons, even think about complaining that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons ?

It seems to me that Iranian leaders (and any other country for that matter) that DOESN'T seek nuclear weapons is guilty of leaving their people defenseless against us, Russia, China, G. Britain, France, India, Pakistan, N. Korea, and any other countries that currently have them.

Don't misunderstand me: I'm not anti-nukes. They have been very important in keeping us and the other major powers from engaging in active war. Let all nations have nukes and all will be on equal footing.

4. Just curious: how can our nation (USA), with a current arsenal of 22,000 nuclear warheads AND a history of using these weapons, even think about complaining that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons ?
    How about the fact that iran signed the Nuclear non-proliferation treaty promising not to pursue nuclear weapons?

Don't misunderstand me: I'm not anti-nukes. They have been very important in keeping us and the other major powers from engaging in active war. Let all nations have nukes and all will be on equal footing.
    Oh please, leave this "equal footing" moral equivalency nonsense to boy-scouts. This is not about some kind of abstract and absurd "fairness", this is about not starting a nuclear war. And the idea of fundamentalist mullahs with nukes does not sound too optimistic to me. Let alone the fact that they don't even have to use them, they could just pass a few nukes to a couple of terrorist organizations that will...Or use them to blackmail the world.

5. When I do Acid I think like that too.

6. Tresor

Tresor

There is an interesting radio interview run by George Galloway, a member of british parliament on this. US having nuclear heads did not keep US from engaging in active war in, e.g. Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, etc. The world did not get a better place because some countries have nukes.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4IkyfdCTIv8&hl=pl&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4IkyfdCTIv8&hl=pl&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>