Nuclear war breaks out - market rallies

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DeepFried, Apr 25, 2008.

1. nonam - Take that bullshit to your own thread in the Political Chit Chat forum. Thanks.

#21     Apr 25, 2008
  2. opm8

opm8

Sounds like a lot of people still think the market moves "because of" news just like the talking heads report at the end of the trading day. Bad news should mean a down move and vice versa. A sure fire way to lose money.

opm8

#22     Apr 25, 2008

3. First off, I make no secret of the fact that I wish the market would go down forever. I'm probably the biggest bear you'll ever meet. My bearishnes though is BECAUSE I'm a scalper. For me, a falling market is an ATM machine. Scalpuing is 10x easier when there is panic and volitility insted of these god damn gap and go's. I cant make shit when the market starts its relentless grind higher. So yes I have a huge BIAS for the market to fall. Add to that the fact that I hate bulls like the ones on this board and cheerleaders like Kneale and pissani on cnbc, I just want them all to shut the fuck up and suffer. All that being said, I dont take positions over night so the level of the market means jack to my trading, as long as its going down.

#23     Apr 25, 2008
  4. wjk

wjk

I joined the intraday trends today, wed, tue, mon. I fought the trend thu. Lost money thu, gains the other 4. Lesson for me: Doesn't matter how the market reacts to the news. If I think the market should act a certain way, I will often fight it. Market couldn't give a care that I think it should move a certain way, therefore, I try not to let the news bias me. Thu was the only day I had CNBC on. hmmmm......interesting. Guess that was lesson 2.

#24     Apr 25, 2008
  5. Bummer! Been pissing myself laughing at all these crash warnings in ET as I loaded up... now I'm going to have to start looking to sell out if this kind of chit chat starts.

And no, I wasn't selfish - I posted what I was up up to on ET in Yum Yum this market loves negatives.

A bull market climbs a wall of worry but if the happy buyers are back then it's lambs to the slaughter time.

Isn't ET a great sentiment indicator? I'll be watching the number of posts/repilies to threads like this.

#25     Apr 25, 2008
  6. Woke up this morning and noticed a huge zit on my butt and the market rallied!!! :D

#26     Apr 25, 2008
  7. Just know that your incessent bearishness is as stupid as some of troll's bullishness...
    its just dumb.

#27     Apr 26, 2008
  8. Last time I looked, the misery of others - regardless of them being bulls or bears - never put any money in my account. I only make money when I'm on the right side of the market. Why argue yourself out of potential opportunities just because they're on the long side?

#28     Apr 26, 2008
  9. It might be stupid and dumb to you, but I make 10x more in a down tape then in an up one.

#29     Apr 27, 2008
  10. Its not only about putting money in my account. Like I've said before I make much more when the market trends down, but the added perk is knowing that mindless chearleaders are losing. Yes maybe I'm irrational but I hate all bulls. Its doesnt affect the positions I take or how I trade intraday but even if I make 3k being long all day, come 4 PM I'm flat and once again a die hard bear.

#30     Apr 27, 2008