Nuclear war breaks out - market rallies

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DeepFried, Apr 25, 2008.

1. To win at trading you have to be a yes man, when it comes to the market. "Oh you want to move up now Mr. Market? Oh ok that's fine. Now we are moving down, very well Mr. Market."

Don't question Mr. Market, otherwise you will be fired.

#11     Apr 25, 2008
  2. :D

#12     Apr 25, 2008
  3. Exactly right.

#13     Apr 25, 2008
  4. Not as long as I'm in the market. Whenever I'm long, the market will tank. I'm the ultimate bear even though I'm always long on something or another (can't go short, thanks IB)

#14     Apr 25, 2008
  5. bh_prop

bh_prop

We did have a nice bear trap this morning with the bad sentiment numbers, the gulf "warning shot", and MSFT earnings

#15     Apr 25, 2008
  6. One thing I've learned in the market is if it refuses stubbornly to have orderly pullbacks, when it finally cracks, it will be really nasty. Contrary to popular opinion, healthy markets do go down on bad news. I'm more convinced then ever that they are holding it up to make what ever print they have in mind, (S&P 1410, Dow 13000, etc) once done, the the rug will be yanked so fast, these bulls wont know what to do with themselves.

#16     Apr 25, 2008
  7. Are you even aware of how well your BIAS shows up in the above post?
    And you call yourself a scalper?

"healthy markets go down on bad news . . ."

Says who?
    And if you really are a scalper what difference does it make to use such a label?

#17     Apr 25, 2008
  8. Are you suggesting that a scalper cannot step out of his usual frame of reference to make an observation?

#18     Apr 25, 2008
  9. I would think that, unless a market properly reflects bad news, then it is likely to be BIASED (your emphasis). Judging by your use of the term in your post, I gather that you are not favorably disposed to BIAS. Just because a market BIAS can be exploited does not suggest that a BIASED market is necessarily a healthy one.

Or am I missing something?

#19     Apr 25, 2008
  10. nonam

nonam

November 20, 2007
    Israel's Syrian Air Strike Was Aimed at Iran
    by Gareth Porter

Until late October, the accepted explanation about the Sept. 6 Israeli air strike in Syria, constructed in a series of press leaks from U.S. officials, was that it was prompted by dramatic satellite intelligence that Syria was building a nuclear facility with help from North Korea.

But new satellite evidence has discredited that narrative, suggesting a more plausible explanation for the strike: that it was a calculated effort by Israel and the United States to convince Iran that its nuclear facilities could be attacked as well.

#20     Apr 25, 2008