Nuclear Plant in Canada just 'leaked radioactive water' 19,280 gallons

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Cyborg2, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyborg2

Cyborg2

First lets stop insulting each other and last time I am cyborg an no one else.
    I believe you when you say you would drink that water and I believe you believe that there is no danger.
    I am not you
    I think you are naive person, I am not insulting you I am just stating what my opinion is of your cognitive condition :)

#11     Mar 17, 2011

2. :D.:) :D

#12     Mar 17, 2011
  3. Fair enough. But why do you think this is dangerous when all of the experts and all of the facts point to this being completely irrelevant? Do you know how large Lake Ontario is? Do you know how much 19,280 gallons is? Enough to fill 3/4 of a backyard pool, as per the article.

Furthermore, do you think they just scoop the water out of the late and pump it into households? There are all kinds of treatments before the water gets to households for drinking.

It is because of these facts that I am not worried one bit. But if you still choose to be scared, despite the facts saying the risk is virtually non-existent, then that is your choice.

#13     Mar 17, 2011
  4. It's crazy fears that lead to panicy actions like this:

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fg-china-iodine-salt-20110318,0,4281601.story?track=rss

" China tried to quell panic buying of iodized salt Thursday after grocery stores across the country were emptied of the seasoning by hordes of people hoping to ward off radiation poisoning from Japan."

but...
    "People were under the false impression that consuming enough iodized salt would protect against radiation and that China's sea salt supplies would be contaminated as a result of the unfolding Japanese crisis."
    and...
    "I hear there was also a huge earthquake in Taiwan and it will hurt salt supply," a woman is heard saying. There was no earthquake in Taiwan."

Companies don't mind some panic though:
    "Salt producers benefited from the pandemonium. Shares of Yunnan Salt & Chemical Industry Co. rose by the daily limit of 10%."

JJacksET4

#14     Mar 17, 2011
  5. The employees at The City of Niagara Falls sewer treatment plant used to dump 100,000 liters of fecal matter into the canal leading to the Niagara River every time their union had an issue with them. They did it multiple times a few summers ago, and never got reprimanded.

Blame the union.

#15     Mar 17, 2011
  6. olias

olias

#16     Mar 17, 2011
  7. olias

olias

oh...

:D

#17     Mar 17, 2011
  8. Tell your dad his son went nuts. Needs to lock himself in a room where there's nice padded walls and no access to civilization.

#18     Mar 17, 2011
  9. olias

olias

To be fair, I don't think it's a great idea to believe the government every time they say 'it's no big deal'. I think we can all agree on that point.

The thing that irks me is like the others have said: 'fear mongering'. We don't really know what it means until we've heard some input from scientists, etc. Why spread hysteria before you even know what you're talking about? It's best to keep a cool head

#19     Mar 17, 2011
  10. Cyborg2

Cyborg2

By not talking about what happened gives government and power companies time to cover it up and downplay.

4 years later you or your wife get cancer and your life and finances get destroyed but because you and everyone already forgotten about radiation leak. You chug it up as cancer from eating too much canned soups :(

My point is the current way has no justice.

There is no justice with the ignorance people chose for themselves.

#20     Mar 17, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.