Nuclear Meltdown Trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kanzei, Mar 12, 2011.

1. One more push down for capitulation. Ill start a good long as 1340 is unlikely to be the top. Bear market tops dont happen suddenly like that.

#41     Mar 15, 2011
  2. Locutus

Locutus

Yes I don't think the bottom is in yet. However I also think the S&P500 will make a new 52wk high within a month or so from now, or at least test the top.

Capitulation is a bit much. Maybe on the next leg down, as it never really tends to happen on the very first attempt.

#42     Mar 15, 2011
  3. Kanzei

Kanzei

you guys trying to market time the bottom and looking to get in the way of a panicking market with exposed nuclear rods still melting down make me smile. There are easier ways to make a buck in this world without trying to be a hero or win a lottery.

my guess is most of you are following the market but not trading at all.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42085935

how about that marc faber, by the way?

#43     Mar 15, 2011
  4. Why dont we compare this disaster with tjernobyl? As I recall, not much happened except a 13 year upwards market run.

Seriously, we have had nuclear tests, nuclear bombs, and already one nuclear meltdown. It is clear panic is overrated and If we do get like a 20% drop it will be time to buy.

#44     Mar 15, 2011
  5. Kanzei

Kanzei

we're not talking about the ukranian outback. we're talking about the 3rd largest economy in the world.

#45     Mar 15, 2011
  6. Kanzei

Kanzei

reminds me of that tool dennis kneale telling people they were insane for not buying into the subprime panic... 2500 points before the bottom.

#46     Mar 15, 2011
  7. benwm

benwm

from what I can gather you've got these used fuel storage pool (reactor 4) right next to the reactors, it was supposed to be temporary measure

if full scale meltdown occurs i think that might be a bigger problem that chernobyl

but i'm no expert here, just trying to piece info together like everyone else

#47     Mar 15, 2011
  8. hm, there is no mention yet on northern hemishphere radiation that circles around the globe.... like after chernobyl. as i understand tradewinds keep dirt north of equator.

this thing is also nice excuse to sell masses second leg of recession so there is not much revolt. Look, we have done great job printing, but cant go against nature. Be happy you not in japan, or something like that.

i dont expect rebound.

#48     Mar 15, 2011
  9. Kanzei

Kanzei

The US government is moving radiation monitors to the west coast. They apparently believe radiation is in the jet stream.

if they don't get this under control, soon there will be a daily radiation dose level in our morning weather reports.

#49     Mar 16, 2011