Nuclear Meltdown Trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kanzei, Mar 12, 2011.

1. topeak

topeak

we can argue all day...but what should we buy/short?

i went long solar. its doing decent.

can someone PM me about good prop firms?

#31     Mar 14, 2011
  2. today i'm trying a vertical spread on Japan's nuclear meltdown and Steve Jobs' health :eek:

#32     Mar 14, 2011
  3. I’m sticking with my Feb 22 call that the DOW top on Feb 18, 2011
    signals the end of the rally.

The very overdue Wile E. Coyote correction has arrived and a substantial leg down has begun.

Longs please be careful.

http://stockmarket618.wordpress.com

#33     Mar 15, 2011
  4. Kanzei

Kanzei

both articles are equivocation.

it's ok. we're way past it. nuclear is already politically dead, and will not return in our lifetimes.

kol is the short and long term trade now. nat gas, solar, wind, those too, but coal first.

#34     Mar 15, 2011
  5. euclid

euclid

Because they don't support your prejudice?

#35     Mar 15, 2011
  6. Kanzei

Kanzei

no, because they equivocate. we are not free to take a discussion about apples, start talking about oranges as though they were the apples all along, and call the apples a citrus fruit.

#36     Mar 15, 2011
  7. Locutus

Locutus

Fuck this shit. I'll have a look into it but most likely I'll be tempted to short solar and long nuclear and short Merkel/Germany.

Only a desperate politician who doesn't know shit about energy and is desperate for votes would use this event to curtail nuclear power.

Get the facts straight:
    -There is little to no risk for the environment to be affected by severe radiation poisoning. Certainly not Tokyo or any other major city.
    -There is 0,0 risk of earthquakes or mostly any other natural hazard in Europe that could cause problems for nuclear plants (anything apocalyptic not included, but then it wouldn't matter anyway so..)
    - Nuclear power is cheaper, cleaner and fuel is less limited. Furthermore it doesn't depend on the ME for supplies (You know, those people we pay for oil to fund the Taliban and other criminal organisations)
    -The whole thing about Nuclear power is just one big tin foil campaign. I'd MUCH rather have a nuclear plant less than 5km away from me than a fossil fuel based one.

#37     Mar 15, 2011
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Frankly, i'm not inclined to waste ant more of my time with you.

#38     Mar 15, 2011
  9. Kanzei

Kanzei

And that's what makes a market... kneejerk contrarianism. :)

#39     Mar 15, 2011
  10. Locutus

Locutus

Well, IF you were so inclined to make a bet against nuclear then the time would have been friday or yesterday morning at the latest. If you short nuclear now you're most likely going to be late to the party (which doesn't mean that it will go up per se but it may not continue to underperform)

To be honest I should have seen this coming; shorting nuclear names was kind of a no-brainer considering that every time something even goes remotely wrong with these things people make a huge fuss. This is a good point to cover that short and/or go long, though.

#40     Mar 15, 2011