NT market replay?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by oraclewizard77, Nov 18, 2011.

1. I was wondering since I pay for Ninja Trader, is there any way to replay for example the previous week in futures, but speed it up so the market moves faster so that I can see if some setups would work on the far right edge of my screen?

Its easy to see that they would have worked in the past, but its hard when I take 1 - 3 trades a day to sometimes recognize the setups in real time without more practice.

2. tit_head

tit_head

Ya but you have to have 'Record for market replay' enabled under options-->Data. So if you don't have it enabled now, you won't be able to replay anything previous

3. Thanks, I am going to enable that option, but do I need to have NT up and running for the whole day to allow it to record?

4. tit_head

tit_head

Yup

5. But then why can I see 5 days of chart data without having NT running during those days?

Also, how do I speed up and slow down playback?

6. tit_head

tit_head

Because its showing you data that was already stored normally with charts, it's not re-playable. I believe there is a new window tab that pops up with play/pause/fast forward etc. I've never used it I was just fooling around with it one day. I think you can replay up to 500x

7. go to file utilities and there you can dowload your replay data no need to record

8. Ok, so this looks more and more likely I will need to rent a private server to do this plus be able to hold over night trades with automation.

Thanks.

9. See now that makes more sense, since why do I pay them for data that I can't get.

10. no, read the manual, and do what I posted

#10     Nov 19, 2011