NSA's Spyware Is Making my System Slower???

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by K-Rock, Jun 24, 2006.

1. that's straight out of fantasy land

did you re-install XP?

'coz you may be suffering from "windows rot"

and internet connection can be true due to all those billions of spam emails messages send out and investment in hardware unable to keep up with the demand for services......

Maria

#11     Jun 24, 2006
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Actually, recall the big flap about encryption, when Clinton made it illegal to export? Like that was going to work.... Microsoft was completely let off the hook on that one, there was no news about letting them off the hook, they went to hearings, the hearings were over, exporting encryption was made illegal, but Microsoft was encrypting the shit out of anything they wanted to. Their browser was touting 128 bit encryption in no time. Maybe they cut a deal with the Feds??

Backdoors were discovered in banking software, I heard about this from a guy that was on the board of a company that was purchasing the software at the time the discovery was made. The software was allowed to be distributed worldwide and the guys that admitted writing the back doors were just quietly allowed to go :) The only way your money is private is if it is in cash really, something to think about.

#12     Jun 24, 2006
  3. #13     Jun 24, 2006
  4. K-Rock

K-Rock

Do you work for the NSA?:D

#14     Jun 24, 2006
  5. K-Rock

K-Rock

I did it all.

After reinstalling Windows XP it would run a lot faster; however, eventually within two weeks or so it would slow down to pre-reinstallation pace.

#15     Jun 24, 2006
  6. Then it sounds that something else is happening on your machine - some conflict with a driver or software. Are you using antivirus / antitrojan / third party software firewall / anti spy software? Or are you using your machine for surfing the internet?
    (This is why I do not surf on my trading computer.)

These are just some suggestions. There can be a myriad of items that go wrong, hard to diagnose from a distance. It may even be some hardware problem. (This is why I only buy brandname, and designed for business use, laptops. Not the stuff created for the cheapest possible price for Joe Bloggs and his mates Tom, Dick and Harry (who do not rate reliabilitity) down the street)

Good luck on resolving it, Maria

#16     Jun 25, 2006
  7. I'd stay off ET. The CIA is taking the other side of your option trades.

Your connection is slow because of a nationwide digital conversion. Right now, AT&T is the slow link. If you're on cable you best phone in your orders.

#17     Jun 28, 2006
  8. One of the best means of viewing what's running on your computer is 'HijackThis' available here:
    http://www.merijn.org/downloads.html

There are many 'viruses' that require specific utility programs to remove them when standard antivirus programs and such won't detect the 'virus' much less remove it.
    There are several 'viruses' that will slow down a computer.

If a HijackThis scan reveals 'programs' are installed/running that you weren't aware of or don't know what the listing is, you may need to join for instance http://www.castlecops.com/ in order to find a removal solution and instructions for the 'virus/es'.

Googling the name of the 'virus/listing' may find a site providing a removal solution.

#18     Jun 28, 2006
  9. K-Rock

K-Rock

One computer crashed hard yesterday (spent half the day talking to tech support), as a result the hard drive had to be replaced today. My backup system is running so slow I believe an another hard drive failure is imminent (I could barely execute any trades the past couple of days).:mad:

I guess they decided to really stick it to me after I started this thread.:D

#19     Jun 28, 2006
  10. Bsulli

Bsulli

#20     Jun 28, 2006