NRA calls for armed police officer in every school

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OnClose, Dec 21, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

I would just like to say that no liberals where harmed in the making of that video.

#61     Dec 21, 2012
  2. Any weapon, whatsoever one chooses.

#62     Dec 21, 2012
  3. Q: How many NRA members does it take to change a light bulb?

A: More guns

#63     Dec 21, 2012
  4. OnClose

OnClose

That's funny

#64     Dec 21, 2012
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Personally, I’m good with every citizen being armed – with the following caveats;

Citizens who wish to opt out can

Citizens who choose to arm themselves;

1.) Must obtain a CCW

2.) For every make of gun they own – must get an endorsement which includes training on how to use that make of weapon…, and a shooting certification demonstrating that they can actually use that weapon

Note; Makes of gun = shot gun pump/ semi auto .., revolver…, semi auto pistol…, bolt action rifle… semi auto rifle… and a classification to include any make not listed above

This is such an incredibly stupid fucking remark

No reasonable human would even suggest something along these lines

===============================

On a different note

Lot of misinformation about the differences between an M16…, M16A1 / A2/ A3…, AR 15… M4… M4A1

Granted the platform is essentially the same, but the sear is different… and illegal to own by every day citizens

Also the minimum allowed barrel length is different – the shorter being for police/ military use only

=========================

Why do I want to own a semi auto – because the criminals have them… and I damn sure want a level playing should a situation ever arise…

And all the laws in the world will not stop a criminal from acquiring a semi auto rifle – or any other weapon for that matter - if he/ she desires

Also please don’t be stupid enough to suggest that if banned – the criminals will stop using them

Furthermore it also wouldn't surprise me if civil unrest is in our future at some point – so be it

=======================

Here is a rhetorical question

Which is more dangerous/ lethal – a butter knife… or a hand held nuclear weapon (or semi auto rifle as the case may be)

btw; If you don’t know the answer…, and clearly understand why…. then you are part of the problem

Oh and here’s a hint – it ain’t the nuclear weapon or rifle

RN

#65     Dec 22, 2012
  6. OnClose

OnClose

Well that may be your opinion but facts are facts.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/22/us-usa-shooting-connecticut-guns-idUSBRE8BK14820121222

And this is my favorite quote from the article:

"At the Village Gun Store in Whitefield, New Hampshire, the phone was ringing almost continuously Thursday with gun buyers calling to see if the store had any AR-15 type semiautomatic rifles, the weapon used in the massacre."

Maybe if your gun buddies buy enough AR-15s they can petition Bushmaster to change the name of the gun to The Kid Killer. Then they all can walk around with constant erections thinking they're badasses and can brag to their buddies that they own the same gun that wiped out a bunch of 6 year olds.

#66     Dec 22, 2012
  7. Yep that sounds,like that would appeal to cops and govt agencies.

#67     Dec 22, 2012
  8. Redneck

Redneck

I certainly wish I…, or one of my buddies - had been at that school that day… or at any other venue where this type of senseless killing has occurred – just before it started

certainly couldn't guarantee our presence would have made a difference… but just maybe it would have

RN

#68     Dec 22, 2012
  9. What is your point?

People were buying guns and mags all last week because of the irresponsible rhetoric from the gun control crowd and various dirtbag politicians. Threaten to ban something useful and yes, you will create a run on it.

It's not new though. Gun sales have been booming ever since Obama was elected.

I suggest if liberals want to lessen the proliferation of guns, they address the reasons people are buying them. It starts with electing a president who uses the same class warfare demagoguery we are used to hearing from the likes of Hugo chavez. People remember the LA riots, when the police were ordered to pull back. The city government was run by liberals and they didn't want to be shooting black rioters. Residents and business owners were left to defend themselves and their property.

The southwest is under a continued invasion by heavily armed drug and illegal immigrant smugglers. obama's response was to send illegal guns to them through Fast and Furious, then try to blame it on Bush (who else) when it went terribly bad.

#69     Dec 22, 2012
  10. No, he didn't turn "his semi-automatic rifle into an assault rifle." He bump fired his semi-automatic rifle. The difference being, it's still one round per trigger pull and it doesn't work unless everything's exactly right. Not to mention that full auto is not optimally effective even with actual assault rifles, which is why the military went to 3 round bursts.

#70     Dec 22, 2012