NR and NAD+

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yesterday I switched from turmeric to Niacinamide, because I like to cycle my supplements and also not to take too many.

" that taking B3 in ANY form will increase NAD+ levels in the body. It's been known for over a decade that taking niacinamide (another name for nicotinamide) is a way of naturally increasing NAD levels. All of the hype about NR being qualitatively better than other forms of B3 at raising NAD levels is highly questionable. The only thing is MAY be better at is doing so without increasing insulin resistance. But more tests are needed to verify that this is the case, and to verify which forms of B3 do cause IR in humans, and at what dosage. So far, the evidence for that is extremely sketchy too. It's been seized on by people trying to market NR, but there's very little to support their claims in that respect.""

I will research this quote today and see if the NAD+ increase is quantifiable in both cases....

-------------------

A good debate on the topic. The developer of Niagen stating only NR is good in the article interview, and one commenter PharmPicker debating his claims:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/40...en-just-expensive-vitamin-b3#comment-74217442

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    #21     Jan 15, 2019
  2. destriero

destriero

IV GSH is an OOM more effective at raising plasma GSH than oral NAC. That analogy likely relates to niacinamide -> NAD+

#22     Jan 15, 2019
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Any improvement in the last 40 days? I got sidetracked in the last few weeks, but today I restarted taking 500 mg of Nicotinamide.

#23     Feb 21, 2019
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I feel better. I can't say for certain if it's the NAD though. I also cleaned up my diet this past month so that could be a factor as well.

#24     Feb 21, 2019
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hm, it looks like it needs to be cycled. From an Amazon review:

" It's great but after several weeks I start feeling burned out and fatigued like I've been taking too many stimulants. From reading other reviews this seems to be a fairly common side effect. Most deal with it by stopping for a few days of a week or so. "

#25     Feb 21, 2019
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

#26     Feb 27, 2019
    Sprout and Baron like this.
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Awesome video! Thanks for posting that. :thumbsup:

#27     Feb 27, 2019
  8. So...eat whole foods and exercise. Who knew.

#28     Feb 28, 2019
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

The discussion is more interesting than the OP.

#29     Nov 24, 2019
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I have been taking Elysium Basis on their subscription program for 2 years. I don't notice any difference, but I believe that this is likely a product that you just have to trust that it is working.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    #30     Dec 4, 2019
    Baron likes this.