NQ trading journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Dobbes, May 8, 2008.

1. Dobbes

Dobbes

The 15 min charts look astonishingly clear Palatine. I will load them up tomorrow for sure. I'll have to keep the entry and anchor around as points of reference until I'm used to it though.

#41     May 21, 2008
  2. Dobbes

Dobbes

...and I think I just missed the short of the quarter....

#42     May 21, 2008
  3. Dobbes

Dobbes

5/22
    No charts today, but for the record I hit my daily SL. I'm going to put this log on hiatus for a little while so I can examine my results and figure out what works and what doesn't. The result should be a more refined (and better performing) system. So ends this leg of forward-testing, as I return my attention to backtesting and system development.

#43     May 22, 2008
  4. monti1a

monti1a

Forget backtesting...and focus instead on trade management..

you'll never win the probability side of trading..so the best that you can do is forget about it now...

http://www.webtrading.com/phantom/preface.htm

#44     May 22, 2008
  5. Dobbes

Dobbes

Dude, did you just link me to a fictional webbook? Its like a combo biography and self-help book, with anectdotes of growing life experiences and loose parallels to trading.

What the crap.....

#45     May 22, 2008
  6. monti1a

monti1a

That's why you are a loser..you didn't even bother to read the best advice someone could give you on trading.

#46     May 22, 2008
  7. I think it's the peach theme on a circa-1997 web layout that threw me. Maybe I'll go through and see if there is any value hiding in that terribly ugly webpage.

#47     May 22, 2008
  8. pt199

pt199

Dobbes-how did the 15 min chart workout for you today?I used it along with a 500V chart and had some success!

#48     May 22, 2008
  9. Dobbes

Dobbes

I had some early success, but I undid it all in the end. Price just didn't move that much today, even though I kept anticipating it to do so.

#49     May 22, 2008
  10. pt199

pt199

Dobbes-What happened to ya??

#50     Jul 3, 2008