NQ trading journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Dobbes, May 8, 2008.

1. this is probably a dumb question bt what are points worth n the NQ?

#21     May 13, 2008
  2. Dobbes

Dobbes

$20

#22     May 13, 2008
  3. Separated into 4 ticks so $5/tick.

#23     May 13, 2008
  4. cool thanks guys

#24     May 13, 2008
  5. Dobbes

Dobbes

5/13
    Anchor
    [​IMG]
    Entry
    [​IMG]
    PnL
    [​IMG]

Net after Commissions: -3.42

Not a terrible day. Managed to stick to my rules and end up with only a small loss on a rangebound day. We look like we are forming a triangle, and I fricking hate trading in triangles, so I'll take my small loss quite happily.

Edit: and of course I write this there is a huge rally to 2007 and I missed getting in around 90 in retrospect.

#25     May 13, 2008
  6. Dobbes

Dobbes

5/14
    Anchor
    [​IMG]
    Entry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PnL
    [​IMG]
    Net after commissions +15.12

Today was a V shaped day. Traditionally, these are not good for me. If I had avoided the dumb trades in the middle, I would've had +7 more points and not been about even for the day going in to that last trade. The final short I closed is also still going, could've gotten more points out that too.

I'm quite happy with today regardless. NQ seems to be capped at about 30 points of daily movement and I captured half! Woooo!

#26     May 14, 2008
  7. Dobbes

Dobbes

5/15
    Anchor
    [​IMG]
    Entry
    [​IMG]
    PnL
    [​IMG]
    Net after commissions: -12.9

Not entirely sure what happened. Everything was so fast. I had that first trade off of my anchor TL bounce, that's a bad idea and I'm never doing that again. Second trade was a long in a Confirmed UT, on a break of 2006R. It got faded big time and I caught the huge red bar. I should've REV'd into it to ride the fade. Instead I clicked in a buy order, which I immediately closed at -0.5 (way to click the wrong button) entered late on a pause, which was right before it retraced and stopped me again. This put me at my daily stop. I decided one more trade.

Entered long again as it approached that 2008R with strength, it bounced and I was stopped again. I'm not entirely sure what to do, but entering long too close to the R put me at risk of getting stopped on a bounce (which it did), but I don't want to enter not close to S/R levels either...

#27     May 15, 2008
  8. I have a new rule for you, don't consider reversing. If you were wrong, take your stop and wait for confirmation on a new entry. Think about it. If you were wrong about a long, you got stopped out midway between the swings high and it's upcoming low. You're likely to get a retracement and your stop probably won't be above it's previous swing high. Now you got stopped out twice.

#28     May 15, 2008
  9. Dobbes

Dobbes

Good point.

#29     May 15, 2008
  10. Dobbes

Dobbes

5/16
    Anchor
    [​IMG]
    Entry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PnL
    [​IMG]
    Net today after commissions: +15.56

Banner day today. OEX day, but very tame. Only 3 trades, you can read the entry annotations on my rationale for each.

Net for the week $104.2 = 5.21 = 1.042/day

First positive week!

#30     May 16, 2008