NQ Trades RT

Discussion in 'Journals' started by AFterburner, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Just curious, why do you care what ET members think?

-Fast

#31     Jan 16, 2004
  2. I'm not sure this answers the question, but it's nice to be able to talk about my trading. If we were in a face to face discussion, you'd be lucky if I said what instrument I traded. However, behind the cloak of anonymity, I'm able to open up. I really don't care too much what ET members think. To me, ET is an entity, not individual members. When I post, I am conversing with the entity and I'm able to see a clear reflection of myself. I'm able to take an objective look into my own psychology and harness that information for trading purposes. I hope this makes sense, I know it must sound absolutely insane.

#32     Jan 16, 2004
  3. If it is insane, then I am another mad man. I am posting here for exactly the same reason you said.

#33     Jan 16, 2004
  4. Hi AFterBurner,

Your NQ Trades journal is still one of the best darn journals I've ever read...mainly because you were sharing what was going on in your head...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19951

Stuff that most traders should be in touch with to go to that next level...

all that psychological stuff that we either don't want to talk about or don't know how to express such in words.

I'm posting to make sure my quote by you is not misunderstood by others that don't know I'm a supporter and was a little shocked by what a few traders were asking me about (revealing their doubts) when you were verifying your trades via images of your daily brokerage trade log...

Regardless to what others are saying...posting your trades in realtime is high up on the ladder with me and with others I know when it comes to credibility.

Sports Analogy (maybe not a very good one): My stepfather a bigtime Chicago Bulls fan once said that watching Michael Jordan shoot winning shots on the news was nothing in comparison to seeing it done for real from a seat at the United Center...

I understood when I saw my first Chicago Bulls game in real action at the United Center.

I'll leave you alone now and look forward to more of your "talking out loud" and I apologize for taking advantage of your quote on the first page via posting in your journal after the market closed instead of during the trading day...

...Also, I want the communication to be one-way; I don't want to be influenced by what others have to say during the trading day.

Good luck and best with the scalping.

NihabaAshi

#34     Jan 16, 2004
  5. no solution no solution. post in realtime on elite's chatroom or on irc. if u cant do that, if that overburdens you sooooo much, then yes do forget about it.

#35     Jan 19, 2004
  6. BOT 1553 OPEN 11:32:15

#36     Jan 20, 2004
  7. I'm trying to figure out what to do about this trade right now. I'm going to give it 10 minutes while I try to figure out what's happening.

#37     Jan 20, 2004
  8. SLD 1553.5 CLOSE 12:04:09

I'm thrilled to be out of this trade at a profit.

#38     Jan 20, 2004
  9. SLD 1557 OPEN 12:38:01

I think this trade could have some potential. I'm going to wait and see how things are working out around 1:00.

#39     Jan 20, 2004
  10. I'm not as confident about this trade as I was, but I've got a good entry and I'm willing to give it some more time. I would like to see it go below 50 by 1:30 or thereabouts.

#40     Jan 20, 2004