............... NQ Traders ..............

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Trendguy, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Trendguy

Trendguy

1. Where do you suggest I start this chat room ?
    2. I thought I'd start it as an email communication (reply to all)..... so as not to disturb trading. Need to focus.

#11     Jul 29, 2017
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I highly recommend you just use Google. Lots of information about finding a host or location to setup a free chat room for anything. Besides, everybody knows about social media as a communication tool (Skype, IRC, private group on Twitter and so on). Easy to research on Google.

These days people want mobility...being able to log into a chat via their mobile devices.

Yet, if you're worry about "not disturbing" someone's trading or your own trading...stay away from chat rooms. :D

Chat rooms will be disturbing because you will need to "manage it" and "moderate" unless you're good at multi-tasking...trading and doing other online tasks. For example, coming to Elitetrader.com during the trading day to post messages...if you can do that during the trading session...chat rooms are about as easy to do like logging into ET forum to read/type messages during your trading day.

Yet, if you just want to chat with other NQ traders "after" the close...a lot tougher to start that type of chat room because now you're disturbing the free time or a time when many just want to call it a day and spend it with their family or friends.

If you're trading full time, profitable and tired of being alone at home while trading...you could setup in person communication. A few traders meeting in person and trading together in the same room. I had something like that myself...in person meetings (an office) that we rented office space and setup our trading workstations in the office.

Advantages and disadvantages setting up an office for traders to communicate while trading.

When I stopped doing that...the group then moved to a private chat room because some of us moved to different states or different countries.

Stay away from "email chat rooms". You start a chat room...you want it to be easy with real-time messages. You want it timestamp, auto logs, history of the chats and mobile log in. You don't want to disturb people by asking them to open up their email to read messages...this isn't 1990. :D

Good luck...you should have one setup by end of day. It really is that easy.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    #12     Jul 29, 2017
  3. algofy

algofy

Omg, just do some research and do it man.

#13     Jul 29, 2017
  4. tibeurus

tibeurus

Hi Trendguy! Im a NQ futures trader and Im interested in a NQ chat. let me know if you aree ready, we can use symphony.com for a chat platform. its used by wallstreet and free.
    best Regards

#14     Nov 12, 2017
  5. truetype

truetype

Baron, the site owner, used to offer chat functionality. You might ask him to reinstate it.

#15     Nov 13, 2017
  6. just21

just21

Isn't symphony $20 a month per user?

EDIT: There seems to be web based version that is free. https://symphony.com/product/pricing

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    #16     Nov 13, 2017
  7. just21

just21

#17     Nov 13, 2017
  8. just21

just21

Follow other nq traders on twitter and tweet your analysis. There is some good trading information on twitter these days.

#18     Nov 13, 2017
  9. tibeurus

tibeurus

It would be great to start up or join a Futures trading chat for NQ traders and CL, something like Mojo day trading, and free to true traders, no BS , just trading like a hoot and hollar in NY trade floors, we can recreate it, but better and make real stacks$ scalping the Nasdaq Index, CL market.

#19     Nov 13, 2017
  10. algofy

algofy

LOL, real stacks$ ?

#20     Nov 13, 2017