NQ tick size reduced

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by sammybea, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Isn't one problem with the YM the cost of the data feed ?
    I heard the CBOT is a huge rip-off when it comes to fees.
    Indeed, I saw an interview with the CBOT CEO on video and he a look that could pass for the "Godfather"....what a mafioso look he has.

#41     Mar 15, 2006
  2. WinSum

WinSum

YM datafeed is free.

#42     Mar 15, 2006
  3. Duh! Cash has an infinitesimal tick (you can calculate it as fine as you like). So a smaller NQ tick only gives you a finer representation of the relationship between fut and cash. The tick goes down? The spread goes down. Big boys have to make that up somehow to maintain profits from la foule. Expect to get jinked more. A smaller tick simply means that the chronically nervous and the chronically impulsive just get nervous at a finer price change.

#43     Mar 16, 2006
  4. What? I can't believe that no one realizes that this is a real time trading experiment! Will Seiki Shimizu's "Law of Ten" mean that NQ runs will now be 2.5 points rather than 5? We have until April 3 to place our bets on what a two-fold reduction of tick increment means. Let's hear some theories! I predict that round numbers are more influential than tick size, and that we'll still see mindless S/R at XXXX.0 and XXXX.5.

#44     Mar 17, 2006
  5. I think all that will happen is that you will find it hard to watch the t&s, because the changes will be twice as rapid.

#45     Mar 17, 2006
  6. Ebo

Ebo

Ever hear of a filter?
    Just get rid of prints smaller than 5 or 10 if you are unable to watch a tape.

#46     Mar 17, 2006