NQ spoofing today

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by CALLumbus, Jan 26, 2018.

1. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Just4fun, captured a screenshot from my DOM with some size in the NQ that you dont see every day lol (happend at 10:18 am New York time):

NQ today.PNG

KeLo and Xela like this.
  2. Xela

Xela

Not guilty!

Nothing to do with me at all: I was out of the country at the time; I was asleep; I have an alibi; I was off sick; I just heard about it for the first time; I don't trade on Friday mornings; and if none of that gets past you, then "society's to blame". [​IMG]

3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

I believe you :) ... Xela is not a bragger, you dont need to show big size. It has to be somebody else this time.

Pretty sure when you place your bids n offers of 100s, you prefer ladylike discretion and use iceberg orders :D

Xela likes this.
  4. KeLo

KeLo

Lower relative volume today with President Trump and other VIPs meeting @ Davos.

5. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Yep, the days before were more fun, but ok... next week there will be plenty of action again.

6. KeLo

KeLo

Hi CALLumbus:
    So how do you find your execution speed using the Tradovate cloud? Is it as fast as your old platform with AMP?

When I tried the Tradovate SIM, it "felt" a bit slow to me - but SIM is not RT.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  7. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

The DOM you see on the screenshot is the TT platform, not Tradovate.

With Tradovate I always use the Tradovate Trader, not in the browser. I am pretty satisfied with their DOM. When I compared (both in live trading) Tradovate DOM and Sierra chart DOM with CQG feed (via AMP), I could not really tell a difference (Tradovate also uses CQG data), so for my old fashioned point and click scalping all those platforms are pretty fine.

They all have their advantages, the TT platform offers me the PIQ feature, which I really like for trading in markets like FESX and ZN. Tradovate offers the lowest cost per roundturn, and Sierra chart is just so lightweight and customizable, I still like to use it in conjunction with the other platforms.

So it really depends on your preferences, what you need for your trading and what feels best to you. But the performance on all these platforms should be sufficient for the regular retail trader and scalper.

KeLo likes this.
  8. KeLo

KeLo

Thanks again CALLumbus. Have a great weekend. :D

9. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

No problemo KeLo, wish you too a nice weekend :)

10. Steve93

Steve93

Similar thing on YM today. Don't have screenshot but 2 offers together of about 300 lots. Probably same spoofer!

#10     Jan 26, 2018
    CALLumbus likes this.