/NQ predictions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Gasparov, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Gasparov

Gasparov

Any /NQ pure technical traders? Curious to know what thoughts are for this morning, April 27, 2017.

I predict the market will start up strong due to the 15, setting a new high (5563-5570), and then reverse hard late in the morning (9-10:30 AM), returning to ~5537 before the close.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Gasparov

Gasparov

There's the new high...top should be clear soon.

3. Gasparov

Gasparov

So the top looks like it's 5565.75.. can't short just yet though. The real drop should be in 1-2 hours. The market has to come down (like it's doing right now), go back up ~8-10 points and spend some more time here, and then it will collapse to 5537. Looking to short around 5560 if we get a clear signal.

4. I'm replying to this a little late as I just saw it, but we had a textbook example of a bull flag forming on the 15m chart, and then the subsequent push higher. I'm not an NQ trader, but I would short around 5570 as I see pretty strong resistance there.

5. speedo

speedo

We hit all time highs today so there is no natural resistance, just some trend line and extension projections...be careful with shorts.

6. Gasparov

Gasparov

Yeah, I don't think the drop is valid anymore because of the new high. I was sure of it until then, even took the long up to the old high and got ready to reverse, but sadly no proof of it happening still. The last time I saw this reversal it completed in just 30 minutes, so there's still time. But I'm not confident about it with how the last hour went.

7. Also, R2 which is pretty reliable in conjunction with trendline.

8. The only decent play on the NQ today is shorting this move into earnings after hours

9. speedo

speedo

Actually there have been a series of good longs today...when they stop working, they stop working.

10. Gasparov

Gasparov

Yeah, several good trades, the larger ones being longs. I am a short term trader though so I won't bother with long term moves.

#10     Apr 27, 2017