NQ or QQQ forming BLACK SWAN in charts

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by buttermarket, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Black Swan
    this corona virus could be black swan

market trying ignore an issue

do black swans occur in bottoms or tops.
    usually a black swan is bad unforseen event. this corona virus is the black swan isn't it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  2. _eug_

_eug_

I see what you mean there.....

upload_2020-2-6_10-45-52.png

tomas262, d08, zdave83 and 11 others like this.
  3. i don't think anyone predicted the corona virus...this virus i don't know. I've never seen anthing like in the last 80 years. the last flue epidemic i don't know even without the flu this market was kind of over due for some profit taking but no profit taking and it keeps going.even the bulls are not buying this. they are not selling either. it's these SQQQ ETF or any ETF on the indexes. short stocks if you want to make easy money shorting ... individual stocks can go to zero in shorting ..shorting ETF is stupid as it won't go to zero. it's like shorting gold or shorting oil. those are HARD to make money shorrting. shorting worthless stocks or bankrupt stocks is easy money.

4. that 220 to 230 in days is the CLASSIC fake head and the beak wow! I see the BLACK SWAN wow!

I could be wrong..but fundamentals and technicals wow. in line. or market pushes even higher. or this was the pullback and people buying the dips.

the daily shows black swan, monthly charts is parabolic, it's up every month since october 2019 for 6 months non stop rally.

RSI is all the time and parabolic in the month charts[​IMG]

MoneyMagnet likes this.
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Stop with this virus talk. I mentioned last week that this is just noise. Nothing will become of this, meaning the markets are not going to collapse or sell off like you believe they will. In a few months people will be saying what coronavirus? This is not a black swan event, never was and never will be.

6. In China it's black swan event. market dropped 10% in one day. and people are not going to China for vacation or any business trip. tourism in China and many countries is 10% of the economy. or 10% of GDP or more..yell it's going to bad...nobody predicted this thing. trust me i sure didn't
    and the gov't in China is now going to the market to buy stocks so doesn't crash more which is another bad sign. it's must be serious. anyways even without the flue or virus the market was due for some profit taking or pullback. it's not normal for price to keep going up and no selling it just keeps going up. like no sellers. and people just bid up the price.

7. S2007S

S2007S

Haha...wow. china fell 10%, watch out. And guess what china did? They pumped hundreds of billions and soon to be trillions into their market to prop it the fu$k up. Dont you understand that money pumped into markets makes everything rainbows and butterflies no matter how negative any situation is for the global markets.

8. in percentage it's not big of rise only 30%. but in points it's a lot that is why the CME has seen less traders participating trading futures.as the percentage movements to points is too much 1% is 100 ponts in NQ so 20x 100 is $2000 you can lose if the market is against and down or up 1% and you have stops. a few crashes you $10,000 is gone. $5000 account can be blown in two bad trades with no stops.
    that value of this market has gone up too much. and people cannot trade anymore even for the QQQ
    100 shares is like $22,000 so you need $15,000 just to trade that ETF. or $10,000 any price barely moves during intra day most of the time untradeable for small traders.

9. they are desparate and it's a bad thing. its really waste of money to be buying stock it's adds no value to the real economy that money could be used for other things like fighting virus or jobs creation you know. it's like apple, google buying their own stock. cause the board of directors or insiders want the company to buy their stock or the market maker needs a buyer and don't want to buy the stock.

imo stock buybacks for companies is reall waste of corporate capitals it means the company has nothing better productive to do with their company.

you know why amazon has never bought a single of it's own shares? causee amazon said no and same with jobs at apple.. they don't advise buying their stock and both companies have grown by investing in the company not buying stock from rich people.

10. schizo

schizo

You better listen to @S2007S. He too was once a hardened permabear. But the market shook him up so bad he can no longer think straight. :banghead: :D

#10     Feb 5, 2020
    murray t turtle and noddyboy like this.