NQ is vertical!!!!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nitro, Mar 22, 2004.

1. that's how you view things when you shoot for 1/4 point ES winners

#11     Mar 23, 2004
  2. nitro

nitro

Answer these questions for me:

1) During RTH, how many days and what percentage of all trading days since the inception of the ES have had a ten handle move without a 1 handle retrace move off the bottom any time during the day.

2) Now do the same calculation after hours.

It took a full five hours before the first coil came, at about 12:21 AM CST.

What is more significant is that the move happened at about 7:00 - 12:00 CST.

nitro

#12     Mar 23, 2004
  3. nitro

nitro

Yes,

I know someone in the YM pit that was telling me that there is a guy that stands next to him that watches these markets like a hawk.

Very interesting...

nitro

#13     Mar 23, 2004
  4. Taiwanese politics are a joke anyways, bribery and corruption are commonplace but voters really don't seem to care.

#14     Mar 23, 2004
  5. Yes, but the entertainment value is incredible. Organized crime leaders openly serve in the legislature - it affords them immunity from prosecution, believe it or not! I lived in Taipei for four years, and four years ago was mingling in the crowd when the KMT were protesting their last election loss.

The KMT has become nothing but sore losers with vacuous charges of an 'unfair' election. Of course, it only became 'unfair' one hour before the results were officially announced.

But I'm not complaining ... makes for some easy trading. :cool:

#15     Mar 23, 2004
  6. Cutten

Cutten

Japan rallied strongly from the intraday lows, and the NQ and ES followed it with a mild and steady climb.

To be honest, I wouldn't describe a <1% bounceback over 5 hours as "vertical". That is pure hyperbole, a bit like the people describing the current correction as a "crash".

#16     Mar 23, 2004
  7. nitro

nitro

No, I agree that would be hyperbole.

However, a ten handle move not during RTH, especially between 7:00 PM and 12:00 AM CST, without a single coil for five hours, in fact, with every close either at the high of the bar or within two ticks, is extremely rare.

To be honest, that is vertical to me.

nitro

#17     Mar 23, 2004
  8. Aaron

Aaron

Is there a YM pit? I thought it was only electronically traded. Are you talking about the large Dow contract?

#18     Mar 23, 2004
  9. nitro

nitro

Yes,

I used YM interchangeably with the DOW. LOL. Just like saying the "ES pit"

nitro :D

#19     Mar 23, 2004
  10. now can we delete thi thread?

#20     Mar 23, 2004