NQ Home

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by N.Q. Enqueue, Jul 9, 2006.

1. BTW, Jessop, FWIW I forgot to say that I use NO conventional TA indicators. I wasted a lot of time testing that crap to no avail. Oh, and being a drunk, I absolutely love the first third of Elder's "Trading for a Living". I also found Vadym Graifer's psychological self-examination in the front of his book with Schumacher to be very enlightening, as well.

#41     Jul 12, 2006
  2. Smiling, I trade it every day that I am not working, even choppy days, and usually manage to make butter and egg money. I find that trading choppy days sharpens my understanding of the difference between chop and trend. Also I find that that experience is good for learning when to stand aside on trend days.

#42     Jul 12, 2006
  3. JM,

Nice piece of research my friend.

Cariocas

#43     Jul 12, 2006
  4. Cariocas, you have to be careful of Merchant. He is obsessive on the subject of oil. But you must ask yourself, if he likes oil so much, why doesn't he TRADE it? In truth, I find Merchant's approach to be ridiculously simpleminded. I mean, taking the RATIO of NQ to oil? No self-respecting quant would use something so obvious. Surely there is a more sophisticated way to approach the problem than THAT. And you will observe that it only works about half the time, which makes it no better than a coin toss. So beware. That said, I have a teeny tiny window over in the lower left hand corner of my screen with Merchant's study up. I guiltily confess to sometimes using it as a tiebreaker when my other random entry studies disagree.

#44     Jul 12, 2006
  5. That delusional fellow Hypostomus, who thinks that he is a fish, but otherwise seems to be a respectable if somewhat diffident NQ trader, started the practice of posting trades to support the validity of his trading advice. I fully support that discipline, and contribute the following modest trade of my own from this morning. Would that other wanna-be experts on ET would do the same. They are full of excuses, and ultimately slink away when you call their bluffs.

#45     Jul 12, 2006
  6. :(

#46     Jul 12, 2006
  7. Did I miss a Rule Four comment? If you keep coming back, you might as well contribute. That is, IF you trade NQ. If you don't, and you are lonely, we will let you join us with a proof of purchase.

#47     Jul 12, 2006
  8. i will leave for good now.....i amlonely and i can't trade...best wishes and happy trading forever....

#48     Jul 12, 2006
  9. Hey m8. Today I had a fun day at the NQ, eventhough I could only trade the first half hour, due to a bunch of stuff that nedeed doing in the office and an early class. I manage to score me 80 trades with nearly positive gross...

#49     Jul 12, 2006
  10. OK. OK. I am old, but I am NOT stupid. You are jiving me with the 80 trades, right? In my wildest imagination I see 43 NQ trades today. Would you please post your transaction reports so that I can quit calling you a liar? In any event, I am going to ask my own trading shrink, Dr. Arthur Deco, to engage you in a dialogue about either the fantasy or the reality of your overtrading. Now clearly I UNDERTRADED today, with only one trade, but I got such a mental orgasm from it that I had to go codify the rules for it, and spent the rest of the day coding it up, complete with flashing red and green lights ("Teach Me to Trade!"), deafening audibles, and electrified rectal probe buzzer (don't want to miss a trade!).

#50     Jul 12, 2006