NQ Home

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by N.Q. Enqueue, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Excellent advice, IMO. DB was the expert here on classical (1930's) TA before they ran him off. A great loss to ET.

#21     Jul 11, 2006
  2. Well, it was World War III (again) today, a three way Armageddon between the LO MMs, the long block MO computers, and the short block MO computers. I am convinced that the latter two are not the same. I generally try not to take it personally, to remain calm and serene, but there were several times today when I screamed "You ASSHOLES!". I would be in a very nice long trade and 4-6 100+ car shorts would pummel my position. Mostly I think they are trying to paint the chart with lower highs/lower lows, or so it seems. Despite being mostly tranquil, I AM still paranoid. I am convinced that they have identified ME as the quintessential idiot retail trader, and are monitoring my trades to see what John Q. Public thinks. How ELSE to explain the fact that so often my trades are wrong the SECOND they are executed?

Oh, and if you want proof that The Street reads ET, and ME specifically, VWAP provided absolutely NO (I started to say fucking, but thought better of it) S/R today! I tell ya....

#22     Jul 11, 2006
  3. I post this without comment to avoid the usual round of ET ridicule. Judge for yourself, and keep it to yourself. And don't blame me if you aren't smart enough to figure out how to use it.

#23     Jul 11, 2006
  4. 47 TRADES TODAY..........TAKES A LOT OF PAPER TO KEEP UP WITH THEM........

#24     Jul 11, 2006
  5. FORUM CAN SAY NITEY NITE AND BYE BYE.......IT IS TOAST AND WELL DESERVED.........I WILL TAKE OFF MY HIP BOOTS NOW.........

#25     Jul 11, 2006
  6. Porky, you violated rule number four of this thread: "Include some bit of NQ, no matter how absurd, in your post." Care to correct that oversight? If not, fuck off, attention seeker! This is a serious thread for sharing ideas on how to trade NQ with high expectancy, and we definitely have low expectations of you.

#26     Jul 11, 2006
  7. The problem is that Im not a master so I get in and out of trades cutting profits and getting back in as the big moves develop...

#27     Jul 12, 2006
  8. jessop

jessop

Hi NQ-E,

Nice thread....

I find the use of daily, weekly & monthly pivot levels in NQ a great reference for 10min & 60 min TF signals using "various market internal signals".

Yesterday was a classic example of bouncing off weekly & monthly levels (monthly 1535 in particular). I took 10 pts from 1537.75 to 1547.75 (exit at up channel resistance on hourly).

This also works very well with ES - but I find the signals are usually a lot stronger in NQ.

Cheers

#28     Jul 12, 2006
  9. I WANTED A NQ THREAD THAT WAS SERIOUS, BUT WHEN U START THE JUVENILE LANGUAGE IT IS TURNED INTO A LOW LEVEL FARCE...NQ IS GOOD......HOW ABOUT THAT ONE........SOMEBODY WITH CLASS NEEDS TO START A REAL NQ THREAD......THAT CAN SPEAK ENGLISH WITHOUT THE GUTTER LANGUAGE .........IN OTHER WORDS, PROFESSIONALISM......AND CLASS........BEST WISHES AND I WILL NOT REPLY AGAIN IF U KEEP YOUR FILTHY MOUTH SHUT.........IF U REPLY I WILL......

#29     Jul 12, 2006
  10. Eusdaiki, the trick is to recognize the difference between a consolidation you should hold threough and a significant retrace you should exit or reverse on. Try looking at the slope of the action after a big runup, it's "tightness", and the volume.

#30     Jul 12, 2006