NQ futures day trading systems

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by DT-waw, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Def,

You can trade 5-10 without any slippage worries at all... Actually your slippage seems very high imo... I rarely ever take 1/2 pt and have yet to take a full one on stop limit orders...

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#51     May 15, 2002
  2. I'm not sure about this particular contest but usually they make you open an account and charge you some fixed commission which is probably much higher than what you would generally be paying otherwise. I could be wrong but that my understanding.

It's probably more geared for the medium to longer term trend followers.

Plus, to try to win a contest you would take more risk than you normally would. Larry Williams won that famous contest by pyramiding his winnings and I think actually using optimal f. No one would trade that way in real life.

#52     May 15, 2002
  3. I am experiencing slippage of .5pt 15% of time and 1pt 5% with stop market orders ...for stop limit do you set election price .5 pt earlier than limit order??
    ie for buy at 1210 :
    stop elect. prc. 1210.5 and limit buy price at 1210 ?

#53     May 15, 2002
  4. ddefina

ddefina

I assume your posing your question to me? I don't use Stop Limit orders due to an Internet crash a while back, and a Stop Limit that didn't fill, costing me 17 points. But that was a rare event it appears and I may start using Stop-Limit orders again to reduce slippage. All my data is from Stop-Market orders. I did attempt a few times to set my election beyond my limit and was successful in getting filled several times this way, but I also started missing trades so I kicked that habit.

I have to say these eminis are great, and I don't know if I'll go back to trading stocks.

#54     May 16, 2002
  5. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Nav,

Yes if you factor in commissions it looks more like 6.2 to 2.6...

Well like I said that was last period (100trades)... The market was very accomodating toward my method... The period prior to last, the results were not quite as good, but still solid...

I am about 30 trades into this period, and although I do not look at the results until after the period is closed I am no doubt on target to repeat last... When I complete another period I will post results here....

As for the system collaboration, you will have to count me out... My trading is not based upon a system...

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#55     May 16, 2002
  6. josbarr

josbarr

It is a fixed commission, 15 K account minimum. If you have a system, give it a try!

#56     May 16, 2002
  7. Commisso, I'll be looking forward to your results after your latest period ends. I'll try to post my ytd results as well. And about the collaboration, I don't think you have to be a systematic trader, as long as your results are consistent. I don't expect too many people would be willing to do this though... I'm not even sure if I would be.... I just put the idea out there for you to ponder.

Good trading,
    Nav.

#57     May 16, 2002
  8. Do you know what the fixed commission is? We're talking about the NQ minis here. I have a feeling I would be paying twice or three times my current rate to try this. As a daytrader, you gotta be crazy or have other motives to try this. Unless you're a longer term trader and paying higher commissions would not effect your bottom line too much.

#58     May 16, 2002
  9. Have any of you traded these systems with actual money? How have the results compared?

-Todd

#59     May 16, 2002
  10. josbarr

josbarr

It's $19.00 / round turn for everyone in the contest.
    But if you have a good system anything can happen.

1st place is $1MM
    2nd place is $500K
    3rd place is $250K

#60     May 16, 2002