NQ futures day trading systems

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by DT-waw, Apr 18, 2002.

1. You tell me how to make 15 points a day and I'll tell you when to add contracts. LOL:D

#41     May 15, 2002
  2. Thanks for the info. Your Avg Win/Avg Loss, is that 3.3 or a range from 3.3 to 1? If it's 3.3, that's awsome... net of commissions, right?

#42     May 15, 2002
  3. $300 average per contract on a one lot is damn impressive. That's $75,000 a year and 3/4 mil if trading 10 lots. In regards to increasing your size, that depends on how much capital you have at risk and your risk tolerance level.

#43     May 15, 2002
  4. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Nav,

My avg win is 6.6pts / My avg loss is 2.2pts
    This is all before commissions...

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#44     May 15, 2002
  5. Bob777

Bob777

The jump from 1 to 5 contracts is extreme. Try moving up to 2 contracts and see if you can still average $300 per contract. Then move to 3, then try 5.

Take one step at a time!

#45     May 15, 2002
  6. So the avg win/loss ratio is 3.0 before and closer to 2 after commissions at the worst... that's still very impressive for a daytrading system. Can you do this consistently and for how long?

Profit factor of around 1.5 net of commissions I think. Nice...

Anyone else? I see lots of obsticles of doing this but wouldn't it be nice if a group of us could pool our systems together to create a diversified portfolio of daytrading system in a pool. I bet we would have an equity curve that's much smoother than any one system and beat the pants off of any hedge funds out there.

#46     May 15, 2002
  7. josbarr

josbarr

With systems like this did anyone enter the Refco Million Dollar Trading Contest??

#47     May 15, 2002
  8. ddefina

ddefina

I've been trading the NQ emini for a whole month now with 1 contract, and have found the slippage to be very negligible. As I increase contracts, I'm interested to hear at what point slippage becomes more of a factor. My stats for 1 contract over a few hundred trades is as follows:

This is using a stop market order @ IB (pseudo limit order)...

80% of the time I get the actual stop price
    15% I lose 1/2 point ($10)
    5% I lose 1 point ($20)

Can anybody share their experience in general with more contracts? I know most people use limit orders, so maybe an idea of what % of contracts don't get filled, etc. Thanks. My goal is to trade 5-10 contracts on a consistent basis, and am wondering what the general degradation will be on the fills.

#48     May 15, 2002
  9. savage

savage

My experience with IB over the last 3 days is that I lose about 0.5 points on executions. It kindof pisses me off but I wonder if I would have even gotten an execution if I would have enter a limit order. I have been only entering market orders as an experiment because the NQ is liquid enough to get quick fills.

Savage

#49     May 15, 2002
  10. ddefina

ddefina

I wonder if the stops are placed on Globex yet @IB? That might be why I've been getting filled so well vs. a manual market order through IB?

#50     May 15, 2002