NQ futures day trading systems

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by DT-waw, Apr 18, 2002.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

I have a simple question: what was your day trading system's ( on NQ100 futures ) biggest Profit Factor? I'm interesting in 2001 and 2002 results, because 1999/2000 was very easy.

I've developed EOD systems with Profit Factor over 4.0
    Now I wonder if it also works so pretty on intraday data.

Any feedback appreciated.
    DT-waw

2. hi...I have a dumb question here. What do you mean by "Profit Factor" ? The same as "Net Prof : Loss Ratio" ?

3. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

4.0 is pretty good.
    intraday if you can get 1.5 is good imo 2.0 is fantastic, but that's just me. with systems anyway. what is your system broad style ?

4. DT-waw

DT-waw

Profit Factor = Gross Profit / Gross Loss

My system is very simple. It works great on EOD basis ( i've tested it on swiss franc, eurodollar, nq, sp500, nikkei 225, cac40, japanese yen )

Long term trading is not for me. There are long periods with no profits.
    I'll be very satisfied with PF = 1.2 with day trading systems. I think NQ futures are the best instrument for daytrading, maybe DAX also.

DT-waw

5. Okay...same thing
    :) Well, I'll tell you what. If I had an EOD system that gave a 4.0 over any sustained period with 40% or so winners I'd "Learn" to like long term trading...Lol That's Great! As far as intraday trading goes,I think you're being very realistic in expecting a 1.2 Some of the best systems I know of give only about a 1.4 or so. So,if you can pull off a 1.2 with say 45% or so winners,congratulations!

6. DT-waw

DT-waw

Breakout: EOD systems are good in terms of PF. But they are not good in terms of return.

I attach optimization reports from Wealth-Lab.

7. DT-waw

DT-waw

EuroDollar
    BTW: why its not possible to attach more than one file in one post?

8. DT-waw

DT-waw

Nikkei 225

9. By the way...if you want to email me your EOD system rules I'd be more than happy to help you beta-test it. :D

10. No offense...but,that's relative. To me,and a lot of people, 8% is a nice return,and that's very possible with an EOD system. By the way, thanks for the attachments. Very interesting.

#10     Apr 18, 2002