NQ & ES liquidity

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Arrow78, Mar 27, 2021.

1. maxinger

maxinger

NQ tick size is very very fine! no one is interested in NQ slippage.
    (perhaps except for HFT).

CME should make tick size coarser.
    currently one tick = 0.25 point
    make it 1 tick = 1 point!

#11     Mar 29, 2021
    CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.
  2. 7out

7out

Are you trading NQ or MNQ? And what quantities?

Ironically today during regular trading hours I had 1 NQ get skipped over and not filled on Stop Limit order of 1 tick.

#12     Mar 29, 2021
  3. maxinger

maxinger

for NQ, I always use market order for order entry due to the reason explained earlier.
    I am not a hedge fund manager/banker, so I don't trade in thousands of lots.

for other products, I might use a stop order or limit order for entry.

#13     Mar 29, 2021
  4. 7out

7out

You don't make any sense, first you claim you see no slippage. Now you say you use market orders because of reasons explained?

lol, hedge fund. Try trading anything more than 3 contracts of NQ on off peak hours and you'll see slippage or trades missed due to stop limit getting jumped.

#14     Mar 30, 2021
  5. maxinger

maxinger

OK. now I understand your point.
    I define slippage very differently from other people.

Opening the position
    If I can't get the STOP order price I want,
    I don't call it slippage.
    I call it TOO SLOW to enter the market, not slippage.

Closing the position
    If I issue a stop order to close NQ,
    but it closes it at a worse price,
    I call it slippage.
    Some people call it TOO SLOW to exit the market.

#15     Mar 30, 2021
    CDoubleUU and murray t turtle like this.
  6. Trading on servers located close to your broker and exchange helps with fills and slippage. <1ms connections can make a big difference versus being in Europe/Asia/Australia and have >250ms latency. I'd recommend checking out www.ninjamobiletrader.com and www.speedytradingservers.com for servers. Obviously low latency is crucial for automated trading, but it also helps with discretionary chart trading... although <1ms might be overkill and <30 is fine too.

#16     Apr 1, 2021
    CDoubleUU and murray t turtle like this.
  7. %%
    Slippage \liquidity is not a problem with es.
    Anything tech related , NQ for example, will average more slippage; but QQQ,qld will also average more slippage + more profits,[assume profitable plan] but QQQ,qld is plenty liquid except @ long term pivot points. I dont trade NQ or even qqq very muchfrquent.Got qqq paper charts going back to $30 bear charts/volume a bit better then,100 million[day volume]easy.

DONT be like that lady she says ''DONT tell me not to worry/ most everything i worried about, never happened !!!!!!'' LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D,:D:D:D
    ES / tqqq,leverage is the worst to learn trading on , not because of slippage=when your're wrong\you got all you want..............................................................

#17     Apr 16, 2021
    CDoubleUU likes this.