NQ emini very slow lately??

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ddefina, May 20, 2002.

1. Savage ,

Have you tried ES?

#31     May 22, 2002
  2. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

Sure you can make money, I agree. People should stop blaming the market, it's moving all over the place, what are they looking at? I mean see attached, this is only the first hour of the day.

#32     May 23, 2002
  3. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

I agree. Its possible to make money.

#33     May 23, 2002
  4. ddefina

ddefina

I have to thank Savage for inspiring me to rework my trading plan to account for "chop" that occurs most of the day. I Currently use a combination of Murray Math and the Force now to target 4 points out of the NQ mini's wiggles. Here is today's record of trades so far. Unfortunately missed the morning due to a phone call (arg!), which is my most consistent money making period.

#34     May 23, 2002
  5. Ditch

Ditch

Well, I guess I have to figure out a way to benefit from all that chop as well. The ES is really driving me crazy today. The Force is that the Elder Force Index?

Ditch

#35     May 23, 2002
  6. ddefina

ddefina

I was being facetious about the Force (Star Wars). Here is the balance of my day--quitting early while I'm ahead. I just use price to base my entries and exits--no indicators. :)

22 points or $397 net.

#36     May 23, 2002
  7. Keep posting those gifs.

It is really interesting to see where I was buying or selling to you guys.

A couple of spikes, I was on the exact opposite trade. :(

#37     May 23, 2002
  8. Here's things that are common for them:

They do alotta trader per day like 10+. They don't go for homeruns just the opposite, they go for like 3 point hits. They have an amazing winning trade %. They are very nimble on exits, take alotta scratches. Most of them use alot of discretion. They all have some kind of a method. Many use a lot of indicators confirming each other.

Now I've yet to see an example of such a method that would work for me. And, yea they are not much into sharing :)

#38     May 24, 2002