NQ emini very slow lately??

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ddefina, May 20, 2002.

1. 3dog

3dog

Savage,

Good looking stuff -- way to go!

I also agree that good entries in NQ are very important -- helps ride out the chop.

Do you join the bid/offer at the ask to enter and exit, or do you initiate into what's available?

#21     May 21, 2002
  2. savage

savage

About 75% of my entries and exits are limit orders.

Savage

#22     May 21, 2002
  3. There you have it! Do that and you'll make 15+ points a day! :D

#23     May 21, 2002
  4. 3dog

3dog

I've analyzed Savage's trades and have found his secret formula:

He goes long when the market's going to go up,
    and he shorts when it's going to go down!

Now don't tell anyone else -- keep this just between us! :D

#24     May 21, 2002
  5. savage

savage

Very good analysis 3dog! I wish you could have kept it quiet though. Now I'm going to have to look for another strategy!

Savage :cool:

#25     May 22, 2002
  6. Hey Yoda,

How about posting some more spreadsheets, like a continuous week or so.

I don't care how you are doing it, just want to compare what I was doing at the time. (It is just an interesting exercise, I don't expect to gain great insight from it)

#26     May 22, 2002
  7. lundy

lundy

savage

without being to cynical, may i ask if you were trading the IB demo?

if those were realtime trades and you can do that on a consistent basis (brokerage statements to prove it), would you be interested in managing money, like say a couple million dollars? Split 50/50.

or, if u don't wanna manage money, maybe i just pay u 10k a month to tell me when your buying and selling in realtime?

or maybe you just post a few in the chat for us to see. ( don't worry, noone is gonna follow you in unless they see in realtime that you are consistent.)

didn't think so.

sorry if my post offends anyone, it's just that posting extremely positive results after the fact tends to be a bit controversial for some.

#27     May 22, 2002
  8. hkaddah

hkaddah

I am new to Futur trading I understand that IB charge $2.5 /contract so how could you make profit.

#28     May 22, 2002
  9. savage

savage

Sorry, Lundy. I'm not interested in having anyone follow me or trade based on my recommendations. I was merely pointing out to a fellow trader that there was lots of potential to make money on a choppy day. Sorry if you're looking for more but i have no interest in trading for other people.

Savage

PS...and, no, that was not demo mode

#29     May 22, 2002
  10. Whamo

Whamo

I have to second what savage is saying about the potential for a good number of NQ points even in this market. I'm not as consistant yet as he is but still manage to pull 10 to 30 points out of the market when I don't go against my system. Pulled 19 out today but ended up giving some back in the afternoon, ended up w/ 15 total on 1 contract before paying my broker.

#30     May 22, 2002