NQ emini very slow lately??

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ddefina, May 20, 2002.

1. ddefina

ddefina

Impressive Savage. 40 points or so on a suck day. That inspires me to press harder on these eminis. :)

#11     May 20, 2002
  2. savage

savage

Today I just took what it gave me. A lot of small swings but nothing consistent. I booked a lot of 4 pt moves and they add up. You can't hit a homerun with every trade.

I'm only trading one contract until I know I have the hang of it. I'm very tempted to jump up to more contracts. Will probably move up to 2 by the end of the week. I've only had one down day(-$140) over the past 2 weeks and have been averaging about +$300. Today was the first day where I only traded the NQ all day and made I think 19 total trades. Some were dumb but I was experimenting. The other days when I've been averaging $300 I only made 3-5 trades.

And, yes, the trades are real. I copied them right out of the execution page on TWS.

Savage

#12     May 20, 2002
  3. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Savage (Yoda) :),

Bro that is great trading on a day like this...

Keep up the good work

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#13     May 20, 2002
  4. Very impressive indeed.

How do you make your entry/exit decisions, do you use oscillators, a system or only discretion. What's your stop?
    Also it looks like you take a profit when you can and are willing to stick to a going nowhere trade until it is in the black, am I right?

#14     May 20, 2002

5. Very nice. what kind of stop strategy do you use?

#15     May 20, 2002
  6. Savage,

Sweet. So how do you do it?

#16     May 20, 2002
  7. Savage,

What sort of "strategy" do you use? Fly by the seat of your pants? Fixed stop and profit target? Trailing stop and no target? etc..?

thx..

#17     May 20, 2002
    #18     May 20, 2002
  9. Fitz

Fitz

...if it was me, I would not tell them how you did it, as it might have been their money you was taking. :p

#19     May 20, 2002
  10. savage

savage

I watch the 3min charts for MSFT, CSCO, INTC, NDX & TICK and pretty much base my trades off what I see in the charts. I also watch the NQ tick chart looking for low risk entry points.

As far as stops are concerned, I try not to use them. I found that I get stopped out too often on potentially profitable trades. I think that in trading the NQ the entry point is a lot more important than in trading stocks. There are many trading books that tell you that the entry doesn't really matter much and it's all in the exit and money management. I think that the NQ is so volitile that entry is much more important and I prefer scratch trades and medium size gains as opposed to big winners and lots of stopped out trades.

Savage

#20     May 21, 2002