NQ (E-mini Nasdaq 100 Futures) Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by increasenow, Jun 27, 2008.

1. can anyone share some good places to get good NQ daily commentary, technical and fundamental NQ news and insight etc?

#11     Jun 28, 2008
  2. Traber

Traber

This thread already already has a lot of great information. I will be a subscribe and follow. Right now I trade the YM but always looking to learn about other markets/vehicles to trade.

#12     Jun 28, 2008
  3. Good points about the "trendyness."

I like the NQ cuz it has better liquidity than the YM, but doesn't seem to have as many hedge funds/computer programs working it as does the ES.

However, while I respect your views about wanting to know about the companies that make up the index, and therefore knowing what direction the market may be taking, I prefer to remain neutral and just trade what I see.

I tend to get into trouble when I have biases like that. :D

#13     Jun 28, 2008
  4. paden

paden

Yes, and following the apple chart normally gives you a good trading indicator for the ndx. However, RIMM was the leader for the /nq this week. Even before earnings.

I am switching to the /nq from the russell because

1) Very familiar with the stocks after working in industry for 15 years

2) Interesting to me

3) Russell moving to ICE (I love the /er2)

4) Lower margins allowing for easier scaling

5) Good trend

#14     Jun 28, 2008

5. Can you elaborate on #3?

#15     Jun 28, 2008
  6. thanks Traber...any info you find relevant to the NQ...please add it here...thanks agian...

#16     Jun 28, 2008
  7. appreciate your focus!

#17     Jun 28, 2008
  8. Paden...great post...exactly...I agree...I believe there are divergences to exploit for the top % weighted holdings of the NDX(NQ)...meaning AAPL, RIMM, GOOG, MSFT etc...say if AAPL is 'over' soaring and NQ is following...usually it means it is 'overbought' and look for a great NQ sell opportunity as AAPL will settle back down...thoughts?observations?

#18     Jun 28, 2008
  9. #19     Jun 28, 2008
  10. click here for simply the best NQ pivot, support, resistance numbers:...on this page hit daily notes and then the NQ contract...great stuff for a NQ trader...click here:

www.mypivots.com

#20     Jun 28, 2008