NQ breaking all times broke jan 24 high

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by buttermarket, Feb 5, 2020.

1. this nasdaq market is breaking jan 24 high?
    another break out. wow. this market cannot stop. it's parabolic now.
    this market can even double if these shorts don't cover of throw in the towel.
    why is the SQQQ even exist. this is when hedging long positions is 'stupid'

absolutely no selling at all.

who the hell still permanent short SQQQ crazy ETF is the dumb money. and all these long commodities. etc.

I guessing the ETF are the dumb money in this 'market'
    back in 1999 there were no ETF are not that many.. they even have an website dedeicated to illiquid ETF. many ETF closing..etc. too many ETF all trading same derivatives or stocks.
    now traders all trade ETF or invest in ETF rather than individual stocks. individual stocks have no or very little volume

2. In dot bomb, there was a real fear that stocks people owned would go to 0. There is no such fear with index tracking ETFs, as if those go to zero, we have way bigger problems. In a down market, it is highly unlikely that passive investors will sell as they have been conditioned for up up up.

So they can't go after the passive investors. Not enough day traders to make money off of.

Who is the sucker???

3. congrats

congrats

Hope this new higher high is with larger volume than previous high...

4. nobody sells when the 'market' is rising,,that is the psychology of a bubble..like bitcoin crap.
    vice versa..nobody is buying when the market falls like market drops 50% okay! in a year. people just sell as they see losses and taking profits and goes extreme levels to p/e of 7
    also companies like tesla,,who are losing money..well they won't have their loans renewed,,,the bankers want their money back and short their stock or calling their loans.. and companies cannot get financing as no secondary market for equities..nobody wants to lend money to new companies

5. dozu888

dozu888

guys tell me what's it gonna take for me to convince you to mortgage the house.

will you wait till qqq = $600.

i am telling you right now the other guys reading my posts are calling their banks.

do it first thing in the morning!

6. Buying is slow, selling is fast. So you don't want high volume buying because it will be temporary. You want slow and steady.

7. it's short squeeze when buying is fierce and quick. only short covering buy the market

real buyers if any buy the lows or cheapest they can get. not paying the market.

when all the short buyers are gone and throw in the towel . there are no bids..and you longs hitting the bid. some stocks have ZERO bid okay. or only 100 shares in the bid and zero volume for illiquid contracts or penny stocks. or some ETF have no volume

the NQ and ES are not real markets..it's mostly people tick trading. or i don't know. what is with these volume in NQ and ES. it's crazy afterhours. this kind of activity isn't human volume it's automated volume or something.

8. congrats

congrats

that's true. I think then the cumulative average volume should make a point here.

9. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

Monthly chart is unreal...in hindsight the bottom line is dont fight the Fed until it is clear it failed....easier said than done....
    upload_2020-2-6_7-9-28.png

10. Overnight

Overnight

There ARE those rare occasions where buying is brutal and fierce. See Dec 26th, 2018 as an example. My most favorite day to have been sitting on my hands. Mother farking *&$*&$!!#$

P.S. That day was the first of only a couple of times scanning headlines through my time watching this stuff where I saw, "The market resembles panic BUYING".

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    #10     Feb 6, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.