NQ 13800

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by CopperOverGold, May 24, 2021.

1. hafez50

hafez50

So many people on this site thought the NQ was toast . When you run 105% and fall back 5-8% that’s like kissing your sister . A normal correction after that type of run would have been 15-20% . Shorts are fighting the thesis that inflation “inflates” asset prices . To be honest shorts fight all conditions . Earnings bad that’s good ( means earnings can only sky so let’s buy ahead of that ), interest rates low that’s good ( means each $ of earnings are worth more and there’s no where else to put your money even if earnings bad). Interest rates high that’s good means business super strong and will overcome rates . Weak dollar good because means more earnings from overseas . Strong dollar also good as means keeps prices on check . Check mate on bears outside very small windows of time measured in weeks max and many times days . It’s like threading the needle and if you try it 5 times you lose 4 . So just trade long all the time and have stops . You’ll win 4 out of 5 and have less stress .

#21     May 25, 2021
  2. The ball may never reach the plate it’s hanging so hard. It looks like the Russell is the first domino. Took on a short there.

fwiw, I’m still seeing spx 4400 before it’s decline. Maybe that ball never reaches the plate either.

#22     May 25, 2021
  3. And now the nikkei...

and is gold going to be a piece of shit and break out while we are asleep(silver is not confirming)?

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    #23     May 25, 2021
  4. Who shorting on this rally? Looks like a nice blip for a short...13760.25

#24     Jun 4, 2021
  5. I’m short the nq and have puts on various stocks in the Nasdaq.it’s not a mew position. I will be adding short into strength however. 13800-13850 is a nice range for that.

@Saltynuts - if copper gets below the 2011 high, I suspect it’ll fall apart, and I’ll add to my short there and on the nq

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    #25     Jun 4, 2021
  6. At the scene of the crime. It took long enough... That's a hanging curve. Some things have changed, just not the short of NQ.

Long RTY as of today (IWC is above Feb highs), and short NQ. I also expect ES to reach ~3400 and have a buy order at ATH's. NQ could get ugly

#26     Jun 7, 2021
  7. Overnight

Overnight

So that ^^^^^ is you today.

Here is you two weeks ago.

"The ball may never reach the plate it’s hanging so hard. It looks like the Russell is the first domino. Took on a short there.

fwiw, I’m still seeing spx 4400 before it’s decline. Maybe that ball never reaches the plate either."

Bi-polar much?

#27     Jun 7, 2021
  8. Markets change man. If you don’t adapt...

my es and nq call are still the same. The Russell is breaking out instead of down. It happens. It’s also still not out of the woods.the probability is in the long side right now. If it drops below feb highs again, all bets are off.

Good to know your diamond hands never fail, and you see the market as a set of guarantees. It’s pretty obvious you’re a troll.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    #28     Jun 7, 2021
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Are you typing to me? Here's a helpful-handy tip...Quote the person you are responding to when there are multiple posters in a thread.

And if you ARE responding to me? Yep, I have adapted. Go look at my journal in the journal section.

#29     Jun 7, 2021
  10. That’s the doji. Not looking good NQ

#30     Jun 8, 2021