NQ 13800

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by CopperOverGold, May 24, 2021.

1. maxinger

maxinger

NQ upforce momentum is rather strong.

The same goes for Dax.

In fact, DAX has just broken the record high.

#11     May 24, 2021
  2. Obviously I do too ;)

#12     May 24, 2021
  3. Yes Salty, I do see things differently. Your narrative is also a widely used one. And a crowded trade.

I think we have seen, or will see yields peak this week. Inflation isn’t. Gold and bonds to rally.

oil probably too. That’s a bit of a catch-up trade. I’m side eying it though.

but I try not to attach to any narrative. They limit your line of sight. I’m just as happy for inflation to exist as not. Bitcoin could go to zero or a billion. I don’t care. And Whatever story a person comes up for it happening? Doesn’t matter to me. We all need bedtime stories.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    #13     May 24, 2021
  4. Understood CopperOverGold, thanks. I hear you that "inflation is coming" is a crowded trade, i.e. some of it may already be priced in, although I'm not so sure chronic, or at least very high, sustained inflation can ever really be priced in, the dollars are printed in future years so the inflation exists in future years, people being on one side of the inflation trade today I think can only do so much to price into effect future inflation.

We shall see!

Thanks!!!

#14     May 24, 2021
    CopperOverGold likes this.
  5. If TIP gets below 127, I think your inflation trade is in the process of blowing. A level to watch for if you're keen on it. I'm increasingly of the perspective that the inflation we "saw" is now in the rear-view.

#15     May 24, 2021
  6. Thanks CopperOverGold. To clarify, I think you are saying TIP going below 127 would be a technical indicator that inflation is not happening, at least not to the extent feared? Very keen on it ha!

Thanks!

#16     May 24, 2021
  7. I think above 127, you're fine. ish. Below? people are getting burned. More below? Really burned.

#17     May 24, 2021
  8. So when you say fine above 127, below people getting burned below this, you mean people in the TIPS trade itself? Or are you meaning if it goes below 127 it probably signifies that inflation is not going to be as bad as people were positioned for, and thus those that placed their bets based on high inflation will get burned?

#18     May 25, 2021
  9. I mean your inflation thesis is about to unwind below ~127. How quickly, I don't know. The longer it's below the worse for base metals, and the ags. Below 127, and the fed is right - transitory. Above, you're correct. float away. Simple, right? Just because you can't conceive of something, doesn't make it unlikely. There's lots of stuff, about lots of stuff that we don't know. Macroeconomics is always explained after the fact. Price will never lie to you.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    #19     May 25, 2021
  10. Interesting, thanks CopperOverGold. I shall watch TIP with a vengeance!!!

#20     May 25, 2021