NPR advocates censorship with this act

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Daal

Daal

You first statement is a logical impossibility

#51     Oct 22, 2010
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

excellent way to try to redirect the conversation. i never said, nor do i believe, that many of the fox news contributors are objective.

but back to the point of the thread (which you are trying to change), NPR is in the wrong because they do not apply such standards uniformly throughout their organization.

#52     Oct 22, 2010
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

no, you don't.

#53     Oct 22, 2010
  4. Perhaps, but it may not be clear. It may depend on the role of the employee at NPR. Journalists and commentators are not the same thing, as one has far more leeway than the other. For example, Walter Cronkite and Rush Limbaugh are arguably not even of the same species.

#54     Oct 22, 2010
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

agree with that comparison.

and if this distinction were made, i would agree. but that is not how the ceo stated it in the above video clip.

cut taxpayer money funding NPR. then they can run the ship however they choose.

#55     Oct 22, 2010
  6. Hypocrisy is a way of life for hard core libtards like you. Williams didn't make a "sweeping statement about an entire segment of the population," he simply said how he felt in a particular situation.

OTOH, it was OK for Nina Totenberg of NPR to express her opinion that "if there's retributive justice" God will give AIDS to Jesse Helms or one of his grandchildren.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7msrF1V4NeY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7msrF1V4NeY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#56     Oct 22, 2010
  7. ...regarding an entire segment of the population.

But that is not the point. Is he a commentator or a journalist? Does NPR apply its rules of conduct fairly depending on whether the person in question is a commentator or a journalist? Should such people be allowed to assume dual roles so that a simple-minded FOX audience can get confused about which hat he is wearing at the time? I don't know. As I noted earlier, I think Williams is an okay guy. However, unlike you, I don't know everything there is to know about everything. Therefore, unlike you, I don't know the history of his relationship with NPR or the details of NPR's code of conduct for its employees and their varied and different functions.

#57     Oct 22, 2010
  8. Nonsense. Your hypocrisy and C- brain prevent you from seeing the distinction. But what else would we expect from the one who accused someone of treason without even knowing what it meant? :p

P.S. Of course you ignored Nina Totenberg's commentating.

#58     Oct 22, 2010
  9. I didn't notice you fighting, or even expressing dissatisfaction, for Rick Sanchez's rights to free speech Captain.

Now excuse me, I need to go barf, your right wing hypocraciy is too much for my stomach.

#59     Oct 22, 2010
  10. What is journalistic integrity if not to allow a person to voice their opinion, even if it is in opposition to yours? Juan didn't say anything which wasn't factual. He didn't say all muslims are terroists, or that all people do, or should feel as he does. He simply said he feels uncomfortable flying with a muslim on the plane. You may feel that to be unreasonable, but there isn't anthing not factual about him expressing his own feelings.
    The point is NPR has displayed that they themselves have no journalistic integrity. Journalism should inspire discussion. As I've written before, radical leftists like NPR don't want discussion, they want to lecture. To be fair, so does the radical right. I have no problem telling them both to take a flying leap.
    Bottom line is that Juan Williams is not a radical leftist and he no longer fit into the ever widening gap between reason and political hyperbole, which the radical elements of the MSM media are awash in. It's about ratings, not journalism.

#60     Oct 22, 2010