NPR advocates censorship with this act

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Oct 21, 2010.

1. jem

jem

Juan is one of the few thinking liberals on television. I like to hear what he has to say.

#41     Oct 21, 2010
  2. NPR are a pack of limp wristed pansies, always were and will be.

From their voices, you can imagine they have all been vetted, and each orifice checked for political correctness, and ideally for some perverse trait of the moment.

PS 2 million offer from Fox is a nice payday. Maybe it was a setup.

#42     Oct 21, 2010
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

agree wholeheartedly.

#43     Oct 22, 2010
  4. ...FOX. He's actually a pretty good guy, but if you think he is the only thinking liberal, then you're not much of a thinking conservative.

#44     Oct 22, 2010
  5. Captain, you keep missing the point. I think the point is that NPR doesn't consider it a suitable comment for a JOURNALIST to make a sweeping statement about an entire segment of the population while maintaining journalistic integrity and objectivity. I suppose it's a fine line, but there it is. I think NPR may have been a bit harsh, but I don't know the history of their relationship. Unlike the entertainers at FOX, a true journalist needs to be a bit more circumspect to be taken seriously. Again, I'm not sure where the line should be, but I can tell you FOX crossed it years ago and never looked back.

As an aside, the 9/11 mass murdering thugs wore regular Western garb when they boarded the aircraft.

#45     Oct 22, 2010
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

theres nothing wrong with maintaining integrity and objectivity in journalism, and enforcing those standards uniformly across the board. the big issue i have (and i think many others would agree with) is that these standards are selectively applied. and therein lies the crux of the issue.

#46     Oct 22, 2010
  7. Even ultra leftist Bob Beckel supports Juan Williams. Watch the vid clip of him on Hannity last night, starts about 3 minutes in, and he is really outraged about 6:20 in. If you're left of Bob, you're flat out nuts. I'll give props to Bob for speaking truth, even if it pisses off some of his followers.
    http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hanni...-wing-hypocrisy-on-display/?playlist_id=86924

#47     Oct 22, 2010
  8. Daal

Daal

The man was fired for telling the truth. Almost everyone gets more nervous when they see a Muslim on a plane, if you dont there is something wrong with you because basic math tells you the chances of hijacking are higher than usual. So besides being an apologist for silly politically correct notions you are also ignorant of basic math

#48     Oct 22, 2010
  9. Be a good lad and tell that to the kids at FOX.

#49     Oct 22, 2010
  10. Basic math would also tell me that I should suspect all conservatives of being idiots because a disproportionate percentage of them are. However, I occasionally make an effort not to generalize.

#50     Oct 22, 2010