NPR advocates censorship with this act

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Context:

• "I think he ought to be worried about what's going on in the Good Lord's mind, because if there is retributive justice, he'll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it." -- National Public Radio and ABC News reporter Nina Totenberg reacting to Senator Jesse Helms' claim that the government spends too much on AIDS research, July 8, 1995 Inside Washington.

• "The Rapture, and I quote, `is the immediate departure from this Earth of over four million people in less than a fifth of a second,' unquote. This happily-volatilized mass of the saved were born again in Jesus Christ....The evaporation of four million people who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place." -- New Orleans-based National Public Radio commentator Andrei Codrescu, December 19, 1995 All Things Considered.

• MARGARET CARLSON: And wouldn’t it be a great thing if they moved it a few blocks? And Muslims and Americans who still worry would be talking to each other. Let’s compromise.

MICHEL MARTIN (NPR): Why should they move it?

CARLSON: Well, why don’t we compromise?

MARTIN (NPR): Did anybody move a Catholic church? Did anybody move a Christian church after Timothy McVeigh – who adhered to a cultic, white supremacist cultic version of Christianity – bombed the Murrah building in Oklahoma? – CNN's Reliable Sources, August 22, 2010. Martin is host of NPR’s “Tell Me More.”

#21     Oct 21, 2010
  2. Perhaps a better question would be, how do you manage to suppress your humanity for extended periods without the risk of physical consequences of a psychosomatic nature?

#22     Oct 21, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Humanity? I don't know who is spreading such malicious rumors about me have humanity, but if I find out who it is I'll beat the shit out of them.

#23     Oct 21, 2010
  4. What did Juan Williams say to get him fired from NPR?
    Rick Moran
    October 21, 2010

Fox News analyst Juan Williams is one of the resident liberals at that network but has occasionally demonstrated a stubborn independent streak when it comes to War on Terror issues.

But the statement he made on O'Reilly's show that got him canned from NPR is so innocuous and beyond that, so true of most Americans, that you have to figure that either the liberal Public Radio network was looking for an excuse to get rid of Williams, or they are so drenched in political correctness that every other factor takes a back seat to their slavish devotion to that ideology.

From the NPR website:
    So what is it that he said?
    To admit the obvious truth about Muslims on airplanes and be fired for it is outrageous. What is NPR's excuse?
    It appears to me that NPR was indeed just looking for an excuse - any excuse - to fire Williams. You certainly can't construe bigotry from what Williams said on O'Reilly - especially after reading his clarifying remarks. All Williams did was relate his feelings, shared by millions of Americans, about being aware that radical Muslims perpetrated 9/11 and that seeing a Muslim on an airplane (without knowing how moderate or radical they are), it just makes sense to be wary.

Politically correct liberals would rather see you die in a terrorist attack than admit the truth about the enemy we are fighting. NPR has made that abundantly clear with their shameful treatment of Williams.

#24     Oct 21, 2010
  5. jem

jem

gabfly - what is your opinion of NPR?

are they a neutral news reporting org
    are the biased a little left
    are the baised very left
    are they about as left as you could be?

are they to the right?

I want to understand you position? Cause frankly I do not see your point?

Do you listen to NPR, do you hear their coverage and their commentators?

Do you understand that if you pick a subject that is way left and present it in a neutral manner that is a very biased editorial selection?

For instance our topic for the next minutes.
    The complete re distribution of wealth in america.

Here we have jo stalin an npr contributor
    and here we have the junior senator from minn.

Mr. Senator why would be be so hard to accomplish the re distribution of all the wealth in America.

---

Do you see the bias gabby?

#25     Oct 21, 2010
  6. Seems you've put that biased viewpoint and selctive perception into action. What gives me pause is that sometimes I agree with you.:eek:

#26     Oct 21, 2010
  7. Juan will probably make out like a bandit from all this.

Who knows, maybe his own show on fox.

NPR is dumb.

#27     Oct 21, 2010
  8. Eight

Eight

"People" [aren't they really demonic?] on the Left are very ruthless in their acquisition of power and weak in the face of evil.... NPR's version of free speech is similar to the ACLU's version of privacy.. they never say a word about all the private info the IRS demands every year...

#28     Oct 21, 2010
  9. Glad you finally pulled your fist out and are back for our amusement. You're a special kind of loser to be as obsessed as you are about our politics (as a Canadian).

#29     Oct 21, 2010
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

doh hoho ho! witless comeback there in the first sentence. what's next? I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I?

if you don't watch the factor, then your entire conclusion on any of this is irrelevant, bozo! stick to canadian politics - they're much more your speed.

juan has made all sorts of opinions in support of the left and obama both on the factor and on hannity's great american panel, where he is invited on the show SPECIFICALLY because he offers the left view. that never did jack to his NPR status.

#30     Oct 21, 2010