NPR advocates censorship with this act

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Seems odd from the group that so ardently talks about freedom of speech. Guess that only applies if you agree with their world view.

US public radio fires analyst over Muslim comments:
    WASHINGTON (AFP) – A top US public radio network has sacked a senior news analyst after he made disparaging remarks about Muslims on television.

National Public Radio (NPR) said it notified Juan Williams late Wednesday that it was terminating his contract as a senior news analyst for NPR News.

On his show "The O'Reilly Factor," host Bill O'Reilly said: "The cold truth is that in the world today, jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet."

Williams, who is also a political analyst for Fox News, said he concurred with O'Reilly, adding: "I think, look, political correctness can lead to some kind of paralysis where you don't address reality."

The analyst said he felt nervous when boarding planes with Muslims on board.

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country," Williams said.

"But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

juan is a minority himself.

free speech as long as you stay within the script!

3. And apparently, NPR recently ran a segment on how to speak "tea-bagger".

It's obvious the only editorial standards NPR claims it stands for are only those that advance the agenda of the IIC.

4. An incorrect and, perhaps not so surprisingly, self-serving conclusion on your part.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thisisnpr/...-sanity-or-colbert-s-march-to-keep-fear-alive

Is journalistic integrity that foreign to some of you people?

And look at the two morons who immediately agreed with your false and self-serving conclusion, Captain. I trust it serves sufficiently well as a "you are here" moment on the perspective map.

5. Hey Gabby, where ya' been? Must have been visiting some other planet. Here on earth the term "journalistic integrity" is ancient history. There are no journalists, only commentators, and they have no integrity. That said, other than advocating the assasination of public officials, they have the right to say what they feel. Seems that works just fine for NPR so long as you're admonishing Americans, christians in general, and any politcal party other than what the left will support. Just another obvious double standard from the radical left. Nothing new!

6. Please give us your brilliant viewpoint on how speaking "tea bagger" qualifies as journalistic integrity.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Making man love to his full size blow up Obama doll and singing along with his extensive Barry Manilow collection no doubt.

"But if NPR continues using Fiore, it should quickly find a cartoonist to counter his decidedly liberal take. Critics are right to take NPR to task for only representing one side using such a strong visual medium as an animated cartoon with sound and text. Putting it up against conservative National Review articles doesn't cut it. The near-record response proves that more balance is needed."

"NPR has to make thoughtful decisions about how it projects itself moving forward and about its continued implementation of this type of multimedia," said Kenneth Irby, an expert in visual journalism at the Poynter Institute. "Surely, NPR has to be mindful of its political image over time and how it has been viewed as being overly aligned with the liberal left."

8. I've been sitting back, watching how a biased viewpoint coupled with selective perception can seemingly create alternate universes. I think that "other planet" is yours. Check the name tag.

P.S. Do you realize that you and peilthetraveler are in general agreement on just about everything? Does that not give you pause?

9. Why did you leave out the paragraph that was nestled in between the two you quoted:

"NPR should also state more clearly that the perspectives on its opinion pages do not represent the views of NPR or its member stations."

At least NPR is being mindful. Unlike certain other networks that are completely FOXed up.

As an aside, Lucrum, your continued and unrelenting preoccupation with all things gay is noteworthy. Preparing to embark on a personal outing, are you? It's flu season out there. Don't forget your rubbers.

#10     Oct 21, 2010