Now We Really Bottomed !!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stockrock1, Jun 24, 2002.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

catch the bottom, catch the bottom baby! you'll be reach :D :D LOL I think DOW will hit bottom tomorrow at 9:48:32 AM. Since then we'll have a 108,98% rally to new highs. :D
    Thank you. please send $899 only! checks to [___] for my advice. I'm always happy to help you.

#11     Jun 24, 2002
  2. by the time all the news is good the best prices will be gone. the market does nothing if not anticipate, even if individual players can't.

bulls are smoked but bear camp is getting crowded.

no one should be feeling comfortable....check recent stats from WSJ:

'Short-selling activity on the New York Stock Exchange reached a record level this month, having dipped slightly in May.

The number of short-selling positions not yet closed out, known as short interest, rose 7.54% to 7,208,392,409 shares for the period through June 14, up from 6,702,909,461 a month earlier. The most recent figure reflects transactions through June 11, allowing extra days to complete settlement.'

#12     Jun 24, 2002

3. I agree...Markets drift lower breaking thru longer term support in unspectacular fashion...IT is not like the selling we saw in bull markets where it went down and went down fast...Now, it is just a death like drift...But when it goes up, it goes up fast as lightning after those bear market spikes...Just like 1999, the majority wants the quickest money and so they will just keep trying to get in at the extremes for the sharp quick moves...

#13     Jun 24, 2002
  4. I would give my left nut to see what the market reaction would be if osama's crusty hide showed up dead in some cave. To see those shorts getting squeezed would be absolutely unreal.

Of course, he's probably either rat poop or fertilizer right now....but it would be a once in a lifetime thing to see a squeeze like that.

osama was such a clever guy....of course, most people who thought he was clever are fertilizing afghanistan these days...lol...

#14     Jun 24, 2002
  5. lundy

lundy

i would give your left nut to see that too!!

:D

#15     Jun 24, 2002
  6. some off the cuff nursery rhymes in salute of a boring day:

shorts be nimble, shorts be quick, don't get beat with the covering stick

old mother merrill went to her barrel, to get her poor bull some cash / inside was a bear, she got quite a scare / the damn thing had ravaged her stash

there was an old broker who lived in a shoe / he had so many losses, he declared bankruptcy and wound up in a gym sock flophouse

#16     Jun 24, 2002
  7. There will be a tradeable rally and then when CNBC people say that the bear market is over then it will start down again. Just like what happened earlier this year. I heard people in February saying the bear market was over. I also know people that were short after September and got squeezed out of all their shorting profits for the year.

#17     Jun 24, 2002
  8. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Bro you are tooo much... Thankyou for the amusement!

#18     Jun 24, 2002
  9. My theory on all this is that osama's big terrorist plan was to destroy the economy. He shorted the markets big time pre-9/11. He is using capitalism as the tool to hurt us. Once he's (and I quote) rat poop or fertilizer, the bear will end. Of course when he's out of the picture the market will rally, but rest assured, some other scum bucket will stand tall and try to hurt us. (Ugh, I got on a soap box and I can't get off).

As I write we have a bit of rally, markets plus......I am a happy camper, hoping both of you (you know who I mean) held through that dive and picked up some profits.

And I will watch for the 9:48:32 bottom tommororw.

#19     Jun 24, 2002
  10. Get past "direction only" investing or trading....The market is guarnteed to do the same thing every day...go up and down....ride both sides with the same fervor and you will have more opportunites and more success.

BTW, the "bottom" may be yet to come....although it did look that way for an hour or so today....

So, "go long, oops, go short, oops, go long"....take the base hits and don't let too much 'thinking" get in the way...

:)

Don

#20     Jun 24, 2002