Now We have Swine Flu

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Apr 24, 2009.

1. HEY WALLET, I CURRENTLY HAVE THE FLU. Most of the people who died were 25 to 45 years old, and I AM 35. I shit you not.

#21     Apr 25, 2009
  2. LOL

#22     Apr 25, 2009
  3. Eight

Eight

Actually some of them can kill some of the larger viruses..

#23     Apr 25, 2009
  4. Eight

Eight

It's 70 dead, of 1000 cases, 7 out of 100, 7% kill rate, higher than that if you are 25-45 yo.. maybe they are wrong about the 1000 part, until that's established.. don't cough in my direction...

#24     Apr 26, 2009
  5. GTG

GTG

Yesterday, after I read on Drudge that most of the people who died in Mexico were 25 to 40 something, I immediately drove down to my local hardware store (here in San Diego) and cleaned the shelves out of their cheap face-masks. Sure, I'll probably never need them....at least not until next time I do some sanding, but better to be safe than sorry. If it ever comes to the point that it is advised that people wear these things I suspect that face masks will be impossible to find at any price. It seems unusual that young adults that would be dying from the flu. I think the Spanish Flu was the last Fllu that often killed adults in the prime of their lives, and this is what kind of worries me.

#25     Apr 26, 2009
  6. So now this thing has been brewing for a few days and my scepticism remains high. The biggest question I have is why it is killing only people in Mexico dying.

So far they have it in Meixco, US, Canada, Europe, and New Zealand but no deaths except in Mexico.

Could it be a way for the Mexican Government to declare Marshall Law in its fight about drug lords? Perhaps.

Could it be Obama's way of getting a very politically wounded Kathleen Sebelius through as Secretary of Health and Human Services? Perhaps. The timing couldn't be better.

Could it be the UN's way to encroach of National Sovereignty? Perhaps.

All we can say now, is that it is just not quite adding up. The info that is out there is very incomplete and that might be the reason for the discrepancy. Who knows?

#26     Apr 27, 2009
  7. Bush wouldn't have let this happen.

#27     Apr 27, 2009
  8. Thanks for the photo, MohdSalleh. It's always nice putting a face to a name.

#28     Apr 27, 2009
  9. A friend of mine went to Mexico over the weekend for a birthday party for a friend who owns a home about 30 miles south of Rosarito.

I told her she was nuts for going but she went anyway. I would guess that San Diego is on the front lines for Swine Flu.

John

#29     Apr 27, 2009