Now Trading all day, what to do during lunch?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by charto911, Aug 16, 2010.

1. do you just try to scalp a few pennies during lunch or are you looking to accumulate a position while the volatility is low? My trading method doesnt really work like that so I dont know if lunch time trading would be valid.

#31     Aug 17, 2010
  2. short NQ 53.75

#32     Aug 17, 2010
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

If you're FAT or grossly not taking care of your body...

Use your lunch break to exercise.

In contrast, if you're in shape and hungry...go eat.

It's as simple as that...common sense considering you already have a bias via the use of the words "taking a step back during lunch time so I don't get chopped up".

Mark

#33     Aug 17, 2010
  4. next push down i cover..

expecting ~50

#34     Aug 17, 2010
  5. Michael Parness, who wrote a book called "Power Trading, Power Living", addresses this very subject, and here is the quote:

"Even though there are times when a trend continues right on through lunch and beyond, to me, it's just not worth taking the risk. I've experienced too many instances where gains slowly wither away while the market drifts aimlessly up and down through lunch." (Parness, page 27).

I agree with the above quote. I used to intraday scalp all day, looking for small gains during lunch, however the risk/reward doesn't justify that action, unless you're in a super trending day.

Stick to the better timeframes when there is greater volume and momentum (first few and last hour). And you'll be all set.

By the way, it's a great book, definitely worth reading if you're an active trader. Best of luck.

#35     Aug 17, 2010
  6. we'll see 50 then i'll flip em over screw em long side :D

#36     Aug 17, 2010
  7. ScottSam

ScottSam

To answer OP, I've been sitting and staring during lunch for 5 years now, and it gets very tiring. My style can't have it another way, but if yours can, by all means, take a lunch break.

#37     Aug 17, 2010
  8. short another contract out both ~53.75

#38     Aug 17, 2010
  9. cover both... long 60

looking for 64

#39     Aug 17, 2010
  10. banked :cool:

#40     Aug 17, 2010