Now to Kill Xbox 360 of microsoft

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by thesharpone, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Well, Xbox 360 and PS3 have equivalent gaming hardware. In fact, several side-by-side tests with the same games on both consoles the Xbox 360 has had higher frames per second and sharper colors than PS3.

Wii is a neat device but I would hardly say it is innovative in the long run. The games are fun but simplistic and do not support high definition video or audio.

#11     Feb 26, 2008
  2. the box should read

5- and 80+

even 6 year olds think wii is childish

#12     Feb 26, 2008
  3. wii is so much like those online free flash games

#13     Feb 26, 2008
  4. LMAO. Yeah, that is right on. People don't understand how old it gets playing indoor tennis and bowling over and over after a few months! Wii in it's present form is a fad. Nintendo artificially holds down the supply of parts to create stock outs and make people want to have it even more. People are so stupid sometimes.

#14     Feb 26, 2008
  5. You got to laugh at Microsoft for supporting HD-DVD. They didnt want to go with Blu Ray because it uses Java..

But had they fully committed to HD-DVD, instead of the half hearted XBox 360 HD-DVD addon drive, they had a good chance of killing Blu-Ray and really hurting Sony. But they didnt have the balls to integrate a HD-DVD drive.

I went for the PS3 for myself and a Wii for the kids.

I think the 360 will eventually end up in third place.

MS burnt $5 billion on the XBox 1.. And the 360 might end up being loss making too. They have allocated over a billion for repairs and replacements on the dodgy hardware.

At some point they will exit the console hardware market, the cost is just too high when all they will ever be is #3.

#15     Feb 26, 2008
  6. Nordic

Nordic

You don't have a clue! Do you have any kids? Been to a college dorm lately? How about a retirement home?

All the game makers are putting huge resources in making Wii games.

Why? Because the casual game market outnumbers the serious players 10 - 1.

About the only thing I will agree with you on is Nintendo holding back supply.

Serious gamers play the high def online me vs the world games.

Nintendo owns the multi player living room, dorm room ect. player games.

They have a new interactive foot pad coming out in summer 2008. Snowboarding, skateboarding and track and field fitness games.

Do your homework Mr fad

#16     Feb 26, 2008
  7. Sorry to step on your toes. Were you one of the ones to stand in line at Best Buy at midnight to get your kid one or something? I didn't mean to downplay your sacrifice or anything. Wii is a joke but that's just my opinion.

Obviously Wii has been a huge financial success for a dying brand but my point is still it will ultimately become a fad unless they make the jump to HD and get some more grown up games. That's all I'm saying.

#17     Feb 26, 2008
  8. No he was buying one to multi-play at a retirement home

he was asking if you have been to a retirement home, I guess he has, if so, he is more correct cause he has seen people love it

#18     Feb 26, 2008
  9. Yeah, I'm not spending a lot of my time at the retirement homes so I am clueless about that market. I really think the Wii has some great benefits for geriatrics so that is a plus for those folks who can't go outside and play sports for real. I stand corrected :).

#19     Feb 26, 2008
  10. Uhh, no they don't. Significantly different. That's why XBOX has to come out with add-ons. That's why PS3 was so highly priced and their pitch was that PS3 will take time to truly start using its potential.

Comparing multi-platform games doesn't mean anything. It's all up to the programmers. Xbox is easier to program for, PS3 is very hard to program for but has untapped potential. The differences in graphics are becoming unnoticeable, it's not about that anymore.

I don't own either and have little plan to. But at this point in time, there is no reason to buy Xbox over PS3, unless you are a Halo freak, in which case you have Xbox already.

Your comments about the Wii expose that you do not really understand the industry. Nintendo was and still is the most successful of the Next-Gen systems. Profitable from Day 1, fastest selling and even had to step up production to keep with demand. The Wii is very fun while being simple, with a unique library of games. Nintendo is not in the same battle that Sony & Microsoft are at, which is control over the entertainment center of the home. It's not just about games anymore.

#20     Feb 26, 2008