Now that we have democrats in power, we're conducting show-trials.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fhl, Nov 19, 2009.

1. fhl

fhl

Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa: "I don’t think you can say that failure to convict is not an option, when we have juries in this country."

Attorney General Eric Holder: "I have thought about that possibility. Congress has passed legislation that would not allow the release of these individuals in this country. If there is not a successful conclusion to this trial, that would not mean that this person would be released into this country…"

Grassley: "My understanding is that if for some reason he’s not convicted, or a judge lets him off on a technicality, he’ll be an enemy combatant, so you’re right back where you started."

Not only will we be right back where we started, it will expose the federal trial as nothing more than a show trial. Show trials are conducted by despots and dictators to give only a thin veneer of legality to political detentions and executions. If the state isn’t prepared to abide by the decision of the court, including dismissals and acquittals, then the use of the trial system is worse than useless.

*from theobamafile.com

2. are you republicans afraid that they cant make a case against the alleged terrorists?

3. This trial makes perfect sense once you understand the goals of the radical left. The stage is set to put America on trial by giving the terrorists a very public forum to make their claims as to why they feel compelled to attack the 'evil empire" known as America. Obama and his radical zealots will take any and every opportunity to put America on trial. An actaul terrorist being convicted in the process is simply collateral damage in their war against America. Afterall, the guy wants to die anyway.

4. the world already thinks/knows that we invaded iraq on trumped up evidence. if we demonstrate that we are afraid to give these people a fair trial it only adds to american distrust.

5. I think it would be fair if someone bitch slap some common sense into you.

6. Mnphats

Mnphats

No not at all. Just concerned as to why on earth would terrorist be afforded us citizens rights.

Why do you think they should?

7. fhl

fhl

"Pray for Obama - Psalm 109:8"

""Let his days be few; and let another take his office."

8. How do we know they actually are terrorists unless direct factual evidence is presented in an open court?

Just asking a common sense question...

9. A fair trial is not what's at issue here. For one, he does not deserve a trial, fair or otherwise. He's not a criminal, he's a terrorist by his own admission. What is at issue, will some form of justice be done. My suggestion would be, since he has an afinity for high buidings, would be to take him to the top of the Sears Tower, set his ass on fire and shove him over the edge. He would, however briefly, get to expereince the same horror as that of his victims. That would be justice!

10. Any fear of an open court is actually fear of the American system of justice...is a reason to fear those in power who don't want a trial in open court.

Why should America be afraid of an open court, if we have direct indisputable evidence, coupled with what we claim is the best justice system in the world?

The right wing is completely wrong on this one...they are fearful of the truth coming out.

Goddamn cockroaches...

#10     Nov 19, 2009