Now that "Liberty" has become an empty slogan, which motto should replace it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Oct 2, 2006.

Now that Liberty is an obsolete concept, suggest a new motto for U.S. coinage:

1. "Liberty" is still an appropriate motto. Our gov't is truly dedicated to preserving our liberties.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. "Strength Through Unity. Unity Through Faith."

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. "Bend over and take it, sheep!"

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  4. "War is Peace."

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. "Submit or else."

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. "Liberty?"

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. "Thank you sir, May I have another?"

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  8. "It's for the children!"

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. "Liberty....You didn't think we were serious did you?"
    Then a picture of a cock right below it.

#31     Oct 5, 2006
  2. Here's the rub. Most people favor restrictive laws. What the hell can be more confiscatory than tax laws. Yet you have a major political party decrying "tax cuts for the rich" when upper middle class folks are paying 38% a year just in Federal income tax.

The same with gasoline. Politicians go ape shit over profiteering by oil companies yet who makes more off a gallon of gas, XOM or the government vis a vis taxes at the pump? Just take a look at NYMEX Unleaded to see how low the REAL price of petro is. Retailers operate on a 1-5% skinny but then consumers pay up to 10% in sales tax.

Even if I was legally allowed to smoke the doobie that I'm about to fire up it, would still only be an illusion of true freedom. Let's face it. On the most part government turns a blind eye to 99% of the illegal stuff that goes on but they'll NEVER ignore matters that FUND their bullshit. If drugs and gambling didn't produce untaxed profits they wouldn't give a flying fuck about regulating it.

#32     Oct 5, 2006
  3. BCE

BCE

#33     Oct 5, 2006
  4. Strange, he cant seem to edit his f#kn speeches.

Pabst, i disagree with most of your wacky conservatism, but that last paragraph made a lot of sense, maybe you are just a cynical sob, like the rest of us .
    Whos to say:)

#34     Oct 6, 2006
  5. There isnt already a symbol for a black hole in masonic imagery, on the thing?
    Maybe its already there, a hidden symbol meaning something like,
    "give us all your shit or well destroy you"

Who the heck made the pyramids, the primary symbol on it-slaves, no?

#35     Oct 6, 2006
  6. Arnie

Arnie

This is my vote for a new motto...

Ubi est mea

Translation: "Where's mine?"

(credit to Marty Schwartz "Pit Bull):D

#36     Oct 6, 2006
  7. Nattdog

Nattdog

of the billions that have lived and do currently live on planet earth, those of us who live in america or any other western nation are amazingly fortunate. True, compaired to a theoretical ideal, we may be off and it may seem we are falling to shyt. that ideal never existed. U can look at the bad and all that is wrong, or u can look at the good. simple isn't it?

The most critical things we can fight for is freedom of speach, and in my opinion against military conscription, or conscription of any form..

We may look back historically and think 18th century america was closer to libertarian ideal.. yes in may ways, true... yet women could not vote, slavery, many crimes against humanity.

those that care and understand the critical issue of liberty still must take a stand and be willing to stand by belief and principle, come what may.

#37     Oct 7, 2006